What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Catching the early worms at Youies again. There were more walkers/joggers on the trails at one point than riders which was a bit weird.
Nice to be able to actually get in a ticket over 20km.
New PB down Lactic with some very sketchy lines chosen.
Huge case on the first double on Creseys (that I can never make), very impressed my wheel survived.
I'll credit the new fork decals with the extra speed and my shitness for the terrible jumps!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Well the Monkey's Sauce got it's first outing and so far the rear tyre is holding up! Let's see how we're doing in the morning.
It's still inflated! The sauce is still leaking a bit out the sides but the tyre is still firm.

I think I'll be on Mazza front and rear before the year is out though.

cammas

Seamstress
Started commuting again, first time in 10 weeks after having the flu then the cough, still coughing but I least I can breath now and not so flemy.
Tomorrow is the test see how I go getting up, but at least I’m not in the car being the traffic plus it’s only $10 a day for the train versus petrol then wear & tear on the Mrs car.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Joined a gym a few weeks and sprung for a program so I can go to the gym at lunch a couple of times a week. Starting on the strength bandwagon again to try and lose weight and get a bit bike fitter.
I also forgot how happy picking up and putting down heavy things repeatedly makes me feel afterwards.
Not enjoying the DOMS and the fact I can now only squat 45kgs vs. the 180kg I could do 5 years ago!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Joined a gym a few weeks and sprung for a program so I can go to the gym at lunch a couple of times a week. Starting on the strength bandwagon again to try and lose weight and get a bit bike fitter.
I also forgot how happy picking up and putting down heavy things repeatedly makes me feel afterwards.
Not enjoying the DOMS and the fact I can now only squat 45kgs vs. the 180kg I could do 5 years ago!
I’m tempted to get back into the gym as I’ve noticed I’ve lost a noticeable amount of upper body in recent years. I’ve never really enjoyed going to gyms though.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I’m tempted to get back into the gym as I’ve noticed I’ve lost a noticeable amount of upper body in recent years. I’ve never really enjoyed going to gyms though.
I used to go 2-3 times a week before kids, then lost motivation and took a ‘break’ that’s lasted a long time, and I’ve put on 20kg since then. I won’t say I was fit but I could run a bit and pick up some weight.
Going the last few weeks made me remember how it pushes the endorphins. I felt great yesterday afternoon after I’d been

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Full service on the xfusion h3c today.

Pretty easy. Although without a compressor, popping the ifp out with my (tubeless tyre setting) fire extinguisher made a bit of a mess…

Oil was pretty nasty looking. While most of the orings and seals looked ok, I changed them all anyway. Even the piston glide rings.

Now I need to bleed it, then set and fill the ifp. I’ve got the correct weight oil (redline medium). Just need to make up the bleed fitting hose and slot a 4mm hex key so I can close the needle valve without losing pressure.

Edit: All done!
Found that I need to clamp the needle to the bench so my pumping doesn’t bend it or pull it out. Made it heaps easier to fill. Slotted hex key worked well. 150psi ifp per spec.

No squelching sounds. All knobs work as expected. Probably cost me more in tools (and certainly time) than if I sent it off, but I had fun…

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Right, so after I rode with the sheep and parked the bike on a tunnel last Friday, I tied a race plate to it and went to bed. For this race last year I then got out of bed at 9pm and started racing at 10pm. Not so this year, a lack riding or any real preparation at all made it a bad idea. But the stuffed bearings in the hubs made it just plain stupid to attempt 18hrs of Melrose rocks. I did the 6hr instead and it was definitely the correct decision.

It was tight when I started.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Final report - Monkey's Sauce is the shit - no leaks out the sidewall, air is holding firm, no losses at all.

And it's still dirt cheap!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Final report comes when you have to remove the tyre....ever tried to remove a solid rubber tyre before?
Final report also comes out on a trail and you’ve gouged a hole in the tyre and you’re frantically shoving bacon strips in trying to seal it. Some do. Many won’t.