What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hate it but I hate on pump tracks! They always turn out like the council (or other government body that usually hates bikes and bike riders) finally agreed to make something fun, but then they decided to fuck it up because bikes. Which leaves me feeling like the money and opportunity was wasted.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate it but I hate on pump tracks! They always turn out like the council (or other government body that usually hates bikes and bike riders) finally agreed to make something fun, but then they decided to fuck it up because bikes. Which leaves me feeling like the money and opportunity was wasted.
This one has been really well done, council even listened to the survey they put out where lots of people were asking for a more advanced line.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've given up riding pump tracks here, full of kids under 10 doing everything else but riding a bike.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Saddles are a personal thing, good for one is not good for another.
Difficult to pick one that suits.

Having a hard saddle on ye olde now which I thought would be as nasty as medieval punishment but is actually really comfy. It should hurt but it doesn't.

Flow-Rider

Burner
...I don't mind such shenanigans. I just wish there were some alternatives being arranged.
Just think of yourself in the middle of the highway with 50 kindergarten kids dodging and weaving in front of you from every possible direction on scooters. So many things are unfolding all at once that you don't even know where to look. The parents are sitting back under the shades after pulling a few cones, with their phones of speed dial ready to call the paramedics when little Johnny looks like he's been possessed by the Red Barron and comes to grief, a closer inspection reveals that bodily parts are no longer functional and facing all types of wrong directions like a horror scene from the Exorcist

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just think of yourself in the middle of the highway with 50 kindergarten kids dodging and weaving in front of you from every possible direction on scooters. So many things are unfolding all at once that you don't even know where to look. The parents are sitting back under the shades after pulling a few cones, with their phones of speed dial ready to call the paramedics when little Johnny looks like he's been possessed by the Red Barron and comes to grief, a closer inspection reveals that bodily parts are no longer functional and facing all types of wrong directions like a horror scene from the Exorcist

Not too different to the local dirt jumps ... Except more than just bikes.

I haven't ridden a skate park for ages now. Local gov pulled my favourite up to build a new one and it is never ending.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
32km / 494m yesterday, from Bickley Resevoir to Kalamunda and back.

Managed to take almost 2min off my PB for the first climb (1.5km @ 9.5% avg) so definitely seeing some big improvements on that aspect of my riding. Gimp line choices on the downhills not showing any signs of improvment though.

View attachment 401890
Impressive ride! Are you sure you're not doing this year's GCCA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
20230820_124319 1.jpg

Did a ride. Took a photo. Conditions were great today, way better than the recent weather foreshadowed anyway. Excellent day out.

Coincidentally you e bike lads are getting a bit keen. Me (pointing a ebike during random trail side chat / bullshit) "what's that like?" Ebiker chorus: Dude seriously it's the best, you have to get one. You have to. You get so much more riding in and the mass helps you and you can do so much more and the motor isn't intrusive and it's so much better than normal mtb in every way YOU HAVE TO JOIN US BECOME ONE OF US

Maybe I'm looking a bit fat at the moment or something.

Jpez

Down on the left!
View attachment 401915

Did a ride. Took a photo. Conditions were great today, way better than the recent weather foreshadowed anyway. Excellent day out.

Coincidentally you e bike lads are getting a bit keen. Me (pointing a ebike during random trail side chat / bullshit) "what's that like?" Ebiker chorus: Dude seriously it's the best, you have to get one. You have to. You get so much more riding in and the mass helps you and you can do so much more and the motor isn't intrusive and it's so much better than normal mtb in every way YOU HAVE TO JOIN US BECOME ONE OF US

Maybe I'm looking a bit fat at the moment or something.
No