What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Started the North-South track.

View attachment 401312

It was cold, I was on the wrong side of the mountain, I started HOURS after I planned to, and when the cold air hit my eyes they watered so hard I couldn't see the ground. For the first time ever I felt under tyred. The trail was firm enough, but the layer of litter on top was greasy as fuck. I wasn't having fun and I really didn't feel like hurting myself. Plus if I got back to the car late I was going to be locked in.

Went and found some thing easier. The Pipeline Track turned out to be a Gravelburn.
View attachment 401313

This was maybe 1km from the top :rolleyes:

View attachment 401314

It was a bit monotonous in terms of trail and trees, but the occasional glimpse made it interesting.

Overall, not sad I went this way instead.
You might not have been into the NS track but bloody hell those are some cracker photo’s.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
This whole island is the one place I've been (so far) where I wouldn't have been upset to be stuck on a road bike too.
Gravel would be ideal, Jacobs Ladder is the best ever, even to drive.
I might still retire there in 5-6 yrs. I love Tassie.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Took the EX-e out after a week of solid rain. It’s now rather dirty but the grip was fantastic.
Did a couple of new tracks (or ones I haven’t done in so long I’d forgotten!). Only 12km and 300vm but good fun. 50% battery used but a few weeks off the bike and a couple of beers last night meant I was feeling worse than normal.
Made a couple of tweaks to the power delivery but might switch back to default as it felt a bit abnormal

Also gave my new 7idp pads a go - sooo much better than the cheap Fox ones I had and I didn’t notice I was wearing them, which is awesome.

Also saw a car in the car park which is worth more than my house

No bike on the back when I left, but I’m betting it’s a Yeti eBike.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Went to Red Hill again this morning, weather was amazing. Didn’t realise its obviously rained down there a fair bit during the week, ground was plenty wet and lots of puddles. So stuck to the sandy trails, Fall Line, few laps of Gunbarrel and went over to Sawtooth for a lap too.

Gunbarrel has been getting a lot of traffic and is really starting to run in. Some big ruts opening up which is fun, and the bottom is super super fast. Still managed to fuck up that stupid tight right hander just after the step up though lol. Great morning.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to Red Hill again this morning, weather was amazing. Didn’t realise its obviously rained down there a fair bit during the week, ground was plenty wet and lots of puddles. So stuck to the sandy trails, Fall Line, few laps of Gunbarrel and went over to Sawtooth for a lap too.

Gunbarrel has been getting a lot of traffic and is really starting to run in. Some big ruts opening up which is fun, and the bottom is super super fast. Still managed to fuck up that stupid tight right hander just after the step up though lol. Great morning.
Same, me and my crew hit Redhill. Rocksalt, Fall Line, Wombat and of course Gunn Barrel on repeat. That trail is awesome fun but somebody needs time on the naughty step for "that"right hander. Chances of making it are 50/50 at the best of times. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later but it's a hound to ride.

Conditions up the hill were excellent despite the recent rains.

No stacks / incidents of note for any of us so it was a great morning. It also seems like everyone got the notification to get out on the bike today. Place was busy!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
No stacks / incidents of note for any of us so it was a great morning. It also seems like everyone got the notification to get out on the bike today. Place was busy!
Yep were heaps of people out, it was nice. Thought I might have seen @Asininedrivel at the top of Rock Salt/Gunbarrel at one point? I swear I’d been out for close to 90 minutes before I saw another person on a meat powered bike. And he was being towed up the hill by his mate on an eeb…

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep were heaps of people out, it was nice. Thought I might have seen @Asininedrivel at the top of Rock Salt/Gunbarrel at one point? I swear I’d been out for close to 90 minutes before I saw another person on a meat powered bike. And he was being towed up the hill by his mate on an eeb…
All except one of us were on EBikes. Most full power too. As much as like normal pedal bikes, I'll take the Ebike every single time at Redhill.
That one hold out in our crew was rinsed by the end after several climbs today.

And there's little point in trying to sell a pedal bike it seems. They're just not shifting for people I know unless the price is comically low.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Took the EX-e out after a week of solid rain. It’s now rather dirty but the grip was fantastic.
Did a couple of new tracks (or ones I haven’t done in so long I’d forgotten!). Only 12km and 300vm but good fun. 50% battery used but a few weeks off the bike and a couple of beers last night meant I was feeling worse than normal.
Made a couple of tweaks to the power delivery but might switch back to default as it felt a bit abnormal

Also gave my new 7idp pads a go - sooo much better than the cheap Fox ones I had and I didn’t notice I was wearing them, which is awesome.

Also saw a car in the car park which is worth more than my house

No bike on the back when I left, but I’m betting it’s a Yeti eBike.
Just gave it a brush down in the sun after changing my sons back tyre, mainly as the wife has her mate over and I’m occupying the oldest.

Needs a clean and lube but that’s tomorrows job.

Trek did a good job with this one

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
All except one of us were on EBikes. Most full power too. As much as like normal pedal bikes, I'll take the Ebike every single time at Redhill.
That one hold out in our crew was rinsed by the end after several climbs today.

And there's little point in trying to sell a pedal bike it seems. They're just not shifting for people I know unless the price is comically low.
Yeah don’t get me wrong, for laps of something like Gunbarrel where the pedal up is ~250vm, I totally get it. I did 30km/1100m and maybe could have squeezed one or two more but would have been pretty gassed. Just hadn’t seen it so starkly so before!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just gave it a brush down in the sun after changing my sons back tyre, mainly as the wife has her mate over and I’m occupying the oldest.

Needs a clean and lube but that’s tomorrows job.

Trek did a good job with this one

They go alright don't they? Mine is a little more hefty than stock with the mods I've made but it just rides like a really well sorted rig.

The added weight, my chunk too is probably rinsing out the battery but I'm finding I don't need high power often / for long whilst on the trail.

Very happy with what Trek have produced here.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you saw some confused looking bloke on a wanker spec Yeti then yes it was probably me ;) Didn't see you though? I almost said hi to someone I thought was @Mattyp on a green Commencal until I remembered he has bright green DVO forks and this one didn't. That could've been awkward.

I pansied out of Gun Barrell after watching someone case the f*** out of that first lilypad jump. Didn't fancy sending my rear tyre / wheel to the great bicycle part scrap heap in the sky so I went over an sessioned Crits / Deadwoulds instead. The latter's had a bit of work to make it a bit friendlier, Crits still awesome as always. Great morning out.
Barabus G-Wagon. If its a real one, its a million buckos.
Still the equivalent of bolting an F1 engine into a tractor. G63 is in the same boat.