What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ooerr, sounds a bit rude.
Fckn rude alright, charging $70 for a little stump of metal.

The bloke from NSD called me over the wrong part being sent and asked if I had the bullet tool, he advised me it was the failure of many people doing home jobs on the 38's air spring. Usually resulting in a further order for the bottom seals that were destroyed. He said it could be done using a pick by pushing the seals back carefully but was just advising me to be aware and not slam it back through without knowing what could happen.

Great advice but damn sure I wasn't paying $70 for it, only took 30mins to bodge up one.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Turns out I got some Covid again. Took the day off, and so with kids at school used my non coughing time to do some maintenance.

Stripped and rebuilt the rear triangle. Packed a bit of extra grease in the bearings, but some are pretty notchy. So will look for a kit/bearing dealer.

Then bled both brakes. They’ve needed it for a while, especially the rear, so pushed a full syringe of fluid through, but it didn’t come out funky or dirty. Just some air I expect. Cura 4s always seem to get a spongey rear, but this bleed felt good. So hoping it holds and I don’t need to do a full rebuild.

Also noticed a small silvery line right on the weld of the seat tube where the v3 banshees have been cracking. Hoping it’s just a scratch. But time will tell I guess.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
apparently they are shuttling now ?
I didn't see any direct evidence of that today, but...I had heard that when the place first opened at different times the gate was open and you could drive up, as friends of mine had. The road was in good condition so probably frequent use. I couldn't imagine it being enough of a climb or trail quality to warrant a commercial shuttle business though.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Started a local urban loop while it was still dark this morning on the old trusty NS Eccentric and turn into a pretty long straight road that the locals like to use as a drag strip and hear a big 4WD coming up behind me. Buzzed me maybe a foot from my handlebars and as soon as he got past me switched on his trillion lumen rear facing lightbar completely blindingme. Fucking dirtbag.
I guess I’m the darkness he couldn’t see I wasn’t lycrad up lol.
Then ride past a real industrial spot that endlessly has dumped rubbish and notice a truck idling there and then notice the driver just squatting and taking a dump. Not even really trying to hide the fact. What the fuck is wrong with people???!

So in a @Haakon style dark, depressed, cynical, only dogs are the best humans state of mind it starts raining, and trying to cross a major road a road-train slowly moving forwards to get on the freeway onramp notices me trying to cross and pulls up and waves me across. So now I’m conflicted. Do people suck or don’t they??
I dunno. Only thing that is certain is I like bikes.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Started a local urban loop while it was still dark this morning on the old trusty NS Eccentric and turn into a pretty long straight road that the locals like to use as a drag strip and hear a big 4WD coming up behind me. Buzzed me maybe a foot from my handlebars and as soon as he got past me switched on his trillion lumen rear facing lightbar completely blindingme. Fucking dirtbag.
Then ride past a real industrial spot that endlessly has dumped rubbish and notice a truck idling there and then notice the driver just squatting and taking a dump. Not even really trying to hide the fact. What the fuck is wrong with people???!

So in a @Haakon style dark, depressed, cynical, only dogs are the best humans state of mind it starts raining, and trying to cross a major road a road-train slowly moving forwards to get on the freeway onramp notices me trying to cross and pulls up and waves me across. So now I’m conflicted. Do people suck or don’t they??
Poor effort, @Haakon would still find a way to be upset by a truck driver that let him cross. "He had right of way, this kind of illegal parking endangers other roadusers following!" etc... :p

I guess on the flipside of humanity, there's people that make the bikes and components for us - so there must be some good left in world!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

No way, dogs are not the best humans. Thats super insulting to dogs! Humans are the best humans, thats why I prefer dogs...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Love your work. Supple off the top, a decent mid stroke and enough progression for me was my takeaway after fitting the little luftkappe.
Described to perfection !

Did 20km last night, the bike sits higher at the front, beautiful small bump and nice supportive mid stroke. Finished the ride with 150mm of travel used and still 20mm in the bank.
Will leave as it is for another few rides to confirm settings.

My helmet light went out 3km in but it was fine with just the bike mounted lights. Couldn't see the roos crunching through the bushes and missed one by a bees dick about 500m after taking this picture. The helmet light has a purpose.

PXL_20230515_103958629.jpg