What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Very nice! When did you order it, and when did it arrive? I have a Lux Trail that I ordered about a week and a half ago; it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, and now it says "we'll give you a delivery date as soon as we can."
Ordered on the 22nd... It hit Australia on the 25th. Then sat in the warehouse, where the delivery date went from Monday, to Tuesday, to "we'll give you a delivery date when we can"..
I live 20mins from the UPS warehouse so took a gamble and went straight there.. the guy there was pretty helpful and despite not having a come collect it SMS (collection is normally not an option until there is a failed delivery attempt.) I politely asked if he could check and he went and found it in the warehouse, said there was quite a few bikes sitting there.

@pink poodle, I'm 180cm, the website was recommending a medium. I didn't agree with the geo numbers as it seemed a bit small comparing to what I have. Went for a large and it's perfect. Seems to be quite a few people with similar comments on Canyon pages, and reading about a few returns to upsize to a bigger frame.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Didn't realize anyone but me had bought a Lezyne GPS! I ike mine (mostly). But wish there were more mount options, and the Bluetooth downloads can be a pain sometimes.
Mine has been pretty trouble free with the bluetooth, only one ride that it wouldn't download for some IT gremlin reason. They are kinda the cockroach of the GPS world. Generally not particularly attractive but are very reasonably priced, do the job with a minimum of fuss and don't die. Plus for MTBing the small size and low profile is a bonus

smaj

Likes Dirt
Ordered on the 22nd... It hit Australia on the 25th. Then sat in the warehouse, where the delivery date went from Monday, to Tuesday, to "we'll give you a delivery date when we can"..
Haha that's exactly where I'm at at the moment, and very similar dates too.

I live 20mins from the UPS warehouse so took a gamble and went straight there.. the guy there was pretty helpful and despite not having a come collect it SMS (collection is normally not an option until there is a failed delivery attempt.) I politely asked if he could check and he went and found it in the warehouse, said there was quite a few bikes sitting there.
:D Nice! Enjoy the bike, it looks awesome.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

@pink poodle, I'm 180cm, the website was recommending a medium. I didn't agree with the geo numbers as it seemed a bit small comparing to what I have. Went for a large and it's perfect. Seems to be quite a few people with similar comments on Canyon pages, and reading about a few returns to upsize to a bigger frame.

Cheers.

Thanks @Mattyp . I'm a similar height and assumed a large would be the go. Have you had a good ride on it yet? Or do we need to wait for the weekend? I like the look of these, more for their short travel freeride/jump/douching capacity than their ability to pedal forever and climb Everest. I was looking at the aluminium details a wee bit back and they claim to be the se tubing as the enduro version, so should be plenty stiff in the back end.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have a mate whose job it is to paint bikes and things.... if it annoys me too much i'll get him onto it.
I got the pantone colour for my Santa Cruz and sent it to Slik Graphics, they sent me back a perfectly matched set of Wicklow Green Fox 36 decals.

I reckon it will look sweet with maroon decals, will still be pretty stealthy.

ausdb

Being who he is
I went to a not so local LBS in my lunch break yesterday and picked up a $35 truing stand, they had on sale. I gave it a whirl last night with the axle just resting on top and it did the job. It wasn't quite the same as the pic on their website and a little flimsier but for the amount of wheels I build I think it will do fine and will be better once I machine up some through axle adapters /cones for it.
DSC_9400-picsay.jpg

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yvonne and I went out about 6:30 this morning. Had front and rear lights on till we hit the fire road. Yvonne needed to be back to start work earlier so our early start.. Another ride through the park to the top of Bracken Lane. Yvonne dropped off at Old Farm Road and I kept going. Very warm and muggy. The previous day's rain had made the trails nicely tacky.
I had put some lighter wheels and tires on the night before in an attempt keep up. It did drop 800 grams from the weight of my bike. But the Rekon Race tires, at least on Pittfall, demonstrated their limits. I had big plans when I left but curtailed them in the interests of domestic tranquility and personal safety.
Great morning ride 29 kms, and 970 or ascent.

Decision time. Stick to the fire roads or set off the incident alarm on Garmin?

Not much to grab on with.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yvonne and I went out about 6:30 this morning. Had front and rear lights on till we hit the fire road. Yvonne needed to be back to start work earlier so our early start.. Another ride through the park to the top of Bracken Lane. Yvonne dropped off at Old Farm Road and I kept going. Very warm and muggy. The previous day's rain had made the trails nicely tacky.
I had put some lighter wheels and tires on the night before in an attempt keep up. It did drop 800 grams from the weight of my bike. But the Rekon Race tires, at least on Pittfall, demonstrated their limits. I had big plans when I left but curtailed them in the interests of domestic tranquility and personal safety.
Great morning ride 29 kms, and 970 or ascent.
View attachment 386821
Decision time. Stick to the fire roads or set off the incident alarm on Garmin?
View attachment 386822
Not much to grab on with.
An EXO-casing DHR II as a front tyre pairs nicely with a Rekon Race at the back for a pleasantly drifty light trail tyre setup. Rekon Race may not be as happy in your local wet weather compared to most of my riding though.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rekon Race does okay in the rear & i've managed with it on steeper stuff, but yeah - having one on the front is pretty game. Like beeb said, DHR-II on the front will make for less scary corners & will still roll nicely. DHR-II front, Rekon rear is a better matchup again.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
An EXO-casing DHR II as a front tyre pairs nicely with a Rekon Race at the back for a pleasantly drifty light trail tyre setup. Rekon Race may not be as happy in your local wet weather compared to most of my riding though.
I might try your suggestion out on my ride Saturday. I only need to swap front wheels. I usually run 30 mm ID wheels but have a set of 25 mm with the Rekon Race's on them. I couldn't get a DHR a couple of months ago so I am running a Specialized Butcher T9 on the front. Seems to work alright but a bit exy, like everything from Specialized.