What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Headed to North Sydney for some riding today and 2 things happened that haven't happened for a very long time.
1) i got a pinch flat. Yeah yeah preach at me about tubeless...go on. Anyway I haven't had one off road for years. I remember the last one and it also dinged my rim. A few moments of work and I was good to go again.

2) i binned it really hard. Small drop of maybe 5 feet, only I decided to give it bit more boost...pulled hard left, landed off trail, bounced through the chunder and hit a tree! Over the bars I go, only on the way I activate my dropper post and get a little extra push. Then rag doll for a few metres with my bike trying riding me. Winded and dazed I got up to get out of the landing zone and discovered my glove was hanging from my dropper switch, now have a hole in the glove. My back has a few good marks on it., lucky I was wearing the heavy dh jersey. Helmet is a write off, if took the force pretty hard and has do e it's job. Or did it...? We'll never truely know. Anyway I'm sore but fine and the bike is unharmed save a small graze on my brand new seat.

To top it off I rode like a gunny all afternoon. Body was like a heavy lump with no fuel in the tank and I just couldn't plant the bike on the trail so bounced around the whole time. Will be reviewing my brown rice intake I think. Need to up it from zero to lots.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Balance is different. You need much more water to rice to get it out of the bottle in a consumable manner. If you use a hydration bladder then try wholemeal couscous instead...

slowmick

38-39"
i think a second pinch flat would have been preferable Mr Poodle. Sounds like it was all going on in a short space of time. hope all the red stuff stayed inside.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went to install a bottomless token in my Recon fork, only to discover that Recon forks don't take tokens.

If I was to get an air cap for a Pike, would that work d'ye think?

Edit: My friend the Internet has all the answers!

https://www.cyclinic.com.au/shop/rockshox-bottomless-tokens-sid-reba-revelation-32mm/

Edit of the edit: Somebody could make a tidy sum 3D printing these and selling them for half price, I reckon. F'ckin' how much for a little round piece of plastic?!

Last edited:

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
New 60mm stem arrived and fit it last night. After finally converting rear to tubeless last week (new rear tyre time) weighed the bike and was 12.2kg on scales. Not bad for 140mm dualie.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Rode Macedon for the first time. Dunndog played tour guide. Really nice trails, top day out.

Chunt of a guide though....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
i think a second pinch flat would have been preferable Mr Poodle. Sounds like it was all going on in a short space of time. hope all the red stuff stayed inside.
Amazingly no great showing of blood. Jersey washed today and all the grime off the back came out and I didn't even use preen!

Top work Poodle.
I don't often wish someone was filming me, but I think this would've been a great moment to capture. As a stood up wondering where my left glove was (as I was wearing it before but not after the crash, and how the fuck does a glove just come off???) i saw it...hanging from my dropper lever. I'm not sure this enduro thing is really for me.

Last big crash I can remember (a few minor small ones in between) was just after I built my first pivot m4x...the one that was stolen from me. Anyway old pile of dirt turned into a jump, at the time I'd guess it as almost 2m high and 4m long. It had a steep launch ramp and could throw you up pretty high (I've got some old pics somewhere of a few of us 1.5m+ over the top of it) if you worked hard for it. I really wanted a big x up...

I pulled that x up and it was really big. But I flat landed well past the lander in a front wheel heavy nose dive. Far out that bike flew high as it pinged out behind me after the initial impact! Crashing can be really painful.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
i did 20km, going to kill my unfit self...

i also started earlier so i could wear my (prescription) sunnies... aside from going for longer and still having to ride home on singletrack with sunnies just lit with my crappy lights.

on another note it was my first run down double dissolution, that was fun.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Flipped all the bikes back upright and pumped up the tyres that went flat after the last ride. Guess it must be time to add some fresh slime to the tubes to keep sealing all those thousands of goats heads holes they're full of.
Thinking about taking the kids for a ride tomorrow.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode Lysty this morning… first time in about 5 weeks. Got passed by heaps of gun XC 29er carbon HT get out of my way I'm really fast racer types, but regardless, it was still nice out.

Bombing down the esses at the end of Hug, this bike was climbing so fast towards me, I had to rethink what to do, so I pulled off the trail and stopped as he flew by… it was one of those Stealth POS electric bikes with a fat prick riding it. He was pedalling, but with a cadence of about 20... I’m sure the motor was doing the work.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Rode Lysty this morning… first time in about 5 weeks. Got passed by heaps of gun XC 29er carbon HT get out of my way I'm really fast racer types, but regardless, it was still nice out.

Bombing down the esses at the end of Hug, this bike was climbing so fast towards me, I had to rethink what to do, so I pulled off the trail and stopped as he flew by… it was one of those Stealth POS electric bikes with a fat prick riding it. He was pedalling, but with a cadence of about 20... I’m sure the motor was doing the work.
At least he was riding, just like you.