What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nothing like sending it big on a water bar and front wheel landing on a fist sized rock to ruin your day.
Believe it or not, there's been a few fatalities here from water bars over the years. I always see remnants of helmets where people have hit the ground hard with their heads.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I used to frequently take youths on a train in the watagans that finished with a long fast run down fire road. I'm sure I have a glory photo somewhere. I always found it an unpredictable bit of riding.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Basically free bike, did her up a little bit. Was keeping the budget sub $100, then decided to put decent tread on there. At risk of sounding like a luddite, how good are old standards, everything just works and cheap and accessible and easy to work on! Even the neglected shimano M486 still worked perfect despite being outdoors and unmaintained for a long time!

1671063809230.png

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
20221211_142712 1.jpg

Now this is up and running it's been having a few rides. First was with the girlfriend piloting (as it's technically been rebuilt for her, ahem). She liked it and was bolder on some features than I was expecting given she's a total MTB newbie, but was having issues with the brakes. So the next day I pulled the pads out, sanded / cleaned, cleaned rotors etc. and took it for a ride to see how everything was feeling. Felt good so kept going. Funny how a shorter reach / wheelbase and smaller wheels than you're used to can suddenly make you think you have half decent bike handling skills...

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Took the Nicolai out for it's first ride. I was expecting to have to tweak it here and there, but it was absolutely spot on!
Rides beautifully. Very stable and planted. Extremely responsive when climbing too.
I am a very happy Pommy git.
Shout out to my 1990's Onza Ski bend bar-ends. Love those things!

Nicolai St Georges.jpg