What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Went for a ride to blow out some cobwebs and stress hormones from home schooling (I can't believe I'm going to be doing this shit till Oct 26! FUCK ME DEAD!)

After a rocky start with the Rune V2 I'm really digging it. Originally ran it with F36 and Float x2 which was way too stiff. Then switched to a Dvo Diamond with a -1° angleset and Topaz, much better but still not quite right.

Now has a Dvo Onyx sc 180mm and RS Vivid air and it's just mwah! Lots of grip everywhere. Good support while not being harsh and much more nimble on the ground and in the air then its Pole stable mate.

Have also gone for a 185mm Revive dropper and and 50mm rise bar to get the contact points just right.

Finally I'm running Shimano SLX m7120 brakes with Goodridge lines, Uberbike racematrix pads and radiator discs. These are just awesome. Lots of power and feel, with a nice light action. Will be swapping these for a set of TRP Quadiems with Trickstuff pads just to do the Pepsi challenge.

Might have to wag school with the son a couple of days next week and go riding.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Nice. Loving the green accents. Just need the seat post clamp to balance it out. :p

I'd be keen on the comparison between the SLX and TRP too.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Anyway, enough about me and MORE ABOUT @Asininedrivel AND HIS NEW BIKE DAY!!!
Thank you but unfortunately the gushing and barely coherent drivel will have to wait for a bit, skipped down to pick it up during my lunch break and upon return to the desk a wild catastrophe appears. Brakes haven't even been bedded in yet :(

Does look malevolent as fuck though which I consider encouraging.

moorey

call me Mia
Took a half day. Extended my regular loop a bit. Cool but refreshingly dry tracks. Close to 900m climbing. Respectable average speed. Good times.
Sorry, to appease Hambo…

Took a half day.
Extended my regular loop a bit.
Cool but refreshingly dry tracks.
Close to 900m climbing.
Respectable average speed.
Good times.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Today I made a cosy little spot to lock them up under the deck. Restumper arrived this week a little out of the blue and all of a sudden my under house storage was a bit open to the street. Bikes weren't visible, but you could walk in over the dirt and get to them if you wanted. I spent the week working from home just to keep an eye on the house.

So today, day off, I finally go into sorting out the under-deck space with lockable doors on the front. Made some more room and 3 bikes are now safe again. Tools (and spare bike bits) into a lockable cupboard, so they're good too. They can steal the damn nappies and toilet paper if they want, that I can afford to replace. Unless there's a lockdown of course, then I'm fucked and will be wiping my arse with leftover magazines.

But at least the bikes are safe.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Took a half day. Extended my regular loop a bit. Cool but refreshingly dry tracks. Close to 900m climbing. Respectable average speed. Good times.
Sorry, to appease Hambo…

Took a half day.
Extended my regular loop a bit.
Cool but refreshingly dry tracks.
Close to 900m climbing.
Respectable average speed.
Good times.View attachment 379417
But it doesn't rhyme - 1/10

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@HamboCairns - specificity is what you're missing with the bells. More km on the bike will build the muscles you need to bike and improve your confidence and handling. I usually ride about 20km a day, almost purely flat. I keep telling myself I should regularly ride over the 1 hill on town here, but...there isn't a cafe at the top.

As for getting hungry trail side, I usually have an ounce bag with mixed salted nuts, gummy bears, and sultanas in it. I don't eat if often, but there has been plenty of rides where that mix has saved the day.

Bike looks sweet @Oddjob @fjohn860 and @Asininedrivel. But you all need to post more pics of these things in the air!