What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yeah that's what dirt bikes do, even when a small tree falls on the trail you'll end up with a main line around the tree. I've found it's best to leave all their scrub bashing lines in as it slows them down, and they can't do big long roosts along the trails which result in drainage problems.
For sure. The problem is the local do-gooders trying to 'protect' and 'rehabilitate' the long established trails, who can't seem to figure out if they just left them alone, the hooligans on bikes would stick to the established lines instead destroying more vegetation getting around everything. So instead of a 1m wide trail, it'll turn into 3m, and the more adventurous will turn the new obstacles into trail features.

One of the girls from the club cracked a couple of vertebrae crashing over an unexpected log over the track. We've spoken to the council, who claim no knowledge, but the size of some of the logs means they could only have been put in by machine.

Flow-Rider

Burner
For sure. The problem is the local do-gooders trying to 'protect' and 'rehabilitate' the long established trails, who can't seem to figure out if they just left them alone, the hooligans on bikes would stick to the established lines instead destroying more vegetation getting around everything. So instead of a 1m wide trail, it'll turn into 3m, and the more adventurous will turn the new obstacles into trail features.

One of the girls from the club cracked a couple of vertebrae crashing over an unexpected log over the track. We've spoken to the council, who claim no knowledge, but the size of some of the logs means they could only have been put in by machine.
Better off placing camera's to try and catch them, but then you'll need a way of identifying them. Worst trail users in my area, they totally fuck a trail and then move onto the next one when it's no longer rideable, they'll never lift a finger to do any trail work. I try to make some of their new deviations a new main line, as it just makes more work for me to clear the fallen log, block their detour line and they just seem to rip the trail up faster when you leave long straights, not to also mention if they have a head-on with a MTBer at the higher speeds. The big issue with them is the rutts they make where you get high speed water run off, and after it rains it scours the land badly because they've also taken away the soil compaction.

Minlak

custom titis
Used my Shimano brake tool for the first time today - OMG it was amazing - how did I live with out it for so long - cut the hose perfectly - inserted the pin precisely and made the jib an absolute breeze - picked it up from eBay new for only $68

BFB6D9C0-83F7-4E8C-8236-89A9498CFE97.png

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Out for a roll before meeting the Fam in town at baseball. Found another trail being 'rehabilitated'. FFS.
View attachment 376872

Kinda not surprised. The kids got in and added a little lip to the kicker just after the tabletop, which I found in the dark at 30kmh. They're trying to keep the dirt bikes out, but just end up with more trails made around the obstacles.
Looks like the formwork for a kind of sweet a-line...load the dirt up on the back of those logs and you'll have a sweet set of stairs to skip down.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
And I thought the Jagwire one was dear! o_O
One item to get you easily over the Pu$hys free shipping threshold.

You don't have to go to all of that effort buying things you 'need' like valve caps, water bottles and socks to get free shipping.
Kind of, sort of, winning.........

Minlak

custom titis
My front brake line was a little bit longer than I would have liked - If I didn't have the brake hose cut and set tool I would have left it - With how easy the tools makes everything knocked 100mm off the hose easy peasy - Had to bleed back brakes anyway so did a quick lever bleed at same time. Installed forks - wheels - cassette - rotors - derailleur - seat post about to do - seat cranks chain - realised I don't actually have pedals for this bike if I want flats - or have 4 sets of clips here if I go that way