What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

tobbogonist

a registered member
Is it me or does anyone else just want to thrash that around some dimly lit streets at night..
In another life we would get on the shrooms and cruise around the housing commision areas in Richmond, Carlton etc at 3 in the morning. Grabbing snapshots of arguments/conversations, getting sucked into the graffiti. Being a fly on the wall to a life i couldnt imagine actually living.
I had an old malvern star race bike i'd swapped the bars and tyres on.
Some strong memories. Im a sucker for dimly lit streets.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
No pedals lunchtime ride to Jaycar on the VStrom today, did the one in twenty on the way home. Only passed one car. Got to the top waiting to turn right and the car I passed pulls up, winds down the window, I think here goes, a lecture on warp factor nine, etc... but no. He says, somebody stole my VStrom two weeks ago. I reply, this colour. He said no, I breath relievedly, good luck finding it mate. Vrooom.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Got up at 5:30am and just went for a ride round Smithfield. I tried a few new lines over familiar trails and almost bucked the rear end over a sunken log drop. Exhilarating!

I went over some rocks and heard two loud bangs (like you do when you seat a tubeless tyre) but there was no visible damage and pressure is just fine. Weird.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I went over some rocks and heard two loud bangs (like you do when you seat a tubeless tyre) but there was no visible damage and pressure is just fine. Weird.
Sometimes if you just clip the edge of the tyre on something sharpish it deforms then snaps back if it slips off whatever it's grabbed on. Some tyres are more audible than others.

Still hate that noise though...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Sometimes if you just clip the edge of the tyre on something sharpish it deforms then snaps back if it slips off whatever it's grabbed on. Some tyres are more audible than others.

Still hate that noise though...
Ah that's good to know, I'll convince myself that I was right to go with an EXO+ rear tyre :)

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Night ride earlier in the week. Was good fun. Getting darker earlier than mid summer, so used the lights from about 7:30.

Southern sydney's rocky and sandy trails were running mint with a bit of rain moistening things up (just stayed away from usual boggy areas), but as usual full of large orb spiders building webs at head height across the trails...

Otherwise, just collecting multiple packages of parts for the new 29er build. Forks are in (mezzers look fucking sweet!), and derailleur, shifter, wheelset all arrived. Waiting on a few more CRC packages, and still need to buy dropper, saddle, and pedals.

beeb

Nice pic @Lazmo, very serene.

Here's one I snapped leaving You Yangs tonight:

Mountain biking is sick, mad weather all evening, first ride back on proper trails, got my flow back quickly, and even did a very brief night run for the first time...

The Stokeometer is pretty well of the scale right now! :)

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Nice pic @Lazmo, very serene.

Here's one I snapped leaving You Yangs tonight:
View attachment 373306

Mountain biking is sick, mad weather all evening, first ride back on proper trails, got my flow back quickly, and even did a very brief night run for the first time...

The Stokeometer is pretty well of the scale right now! :)
Yes mate, it was a sick ride.

On the ride home I got to really test out my brakes.
High speed run down the fire road with a full front/rear panick semi lock-up in an attempt to stop before wearing a big roo as an evening scarf

Home now checking my shorts

A bit over 27k's, so about 13.5 at YY

beeb

Yes mate, it was a sick ride.

On the ride home I got to really test out my brakes.
High speed run down the fire road with a full front/rear panick semi lock-up in an attempt to stop before wearing a big roo as an evening scarf

Home now checking my shorts

A bit over 27k's, so about 13.5 at YY
That could've been nasty! Glad all ended well. :)