What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Jebus, hope you haven't had breakfast yet everyone!

@moorey - I didn't want to have live with the guilt of not living up to my promise, so I went for a loop around the bike path this morning. I rode south into a headwind, east into a headwind, north into a headwind, west into a headwind, and finally south into a headwind again... Honestly though, it wasn't that bad - it was a nice morning to be out and beat the rush of families with small children that clutter the path later in the day. Fitness is better than expected, I promise I will still be a boat anchor for you whenever we do catch up for a ride though... :p

Sounds like you came riding with me! We call that cunt wind - grabbing you from every direction.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Farkin' large crash at the Youies this morning. Somehow went otb on the boulder rock-roll and slide halfway down it before the bike landed on top of me. Glad I had the full face as there's scrape marks down the jaw protector. One knee is twice the size of the other and there's a lot of cuts and scrapes everywhere else.
Day started nicely on Lactic and Cresseys, started to get messy halfway down Travs (managed to jam my finger between handlebars and rock) and then was downright shitty on Boulder.
Stupid busy as well. When I was packing up, the carpark was full and there was almost a dozen cars parked out on the entry road

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Farkin' large crash at the Youies this morning. Somehow went otb on the boulder rock-roll and slide halfway down it before the bike landed on top of me. Glad I had the full face as there's scrape marks down the jaw protector. One knee is twice the size of the other and there's a lot of cuts and scrapes everywhere else.
Day started nicely on Lactic and Cresseys, started to get messy halfway down Travs (managed to jam my finger between handlebars and rock) and then was downright shitty on Boulder.
Stupid busy as well. When I was packing up, the carpark was full and there was almost a dozen cars parked out on the entry road
Fark, that's a gnarly place to have an off... :eek: Hopefully nothing but scrapes and bruises - may ye heal fast!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Went for a ride around Smithfield, did a lovely controlled back wheel slide against an angled submerged log step and rolled down steep roots that have made me pull up in the past.#SmithfieldBlueMarlin

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New bike time!

Went for a ride around Smithfield, did a lovely controlled back wheel slide against an angled submerged log step and rolled down steep roots that have made me pull up in the past.#SmithfieldBlueMarlin
Slipping and sliding.

So much rain here.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Won a trinket!

And for the first time this year felt good about trying to be fast. I've been battling a bit with how work has affected my riding. But today I felt strong, and a bit of rain yesterday made the bike hook up like it was on rails. And Julianne, my relay partner, who is only a part time rider, let alone racer, rode the wheels of her bike. We were only pipped by a couple of kids with a big handicap.

Today was a good day :D

P.s. @silentbutdeadly no we haven't changed the club name :rolleyes:

Should probably mention The Vice Captain and Little Sender teamed up and took out 1st place in the Juniors :D

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
rode sweep for the fiona elsey cancer research centre charity ride in ballarat, did 42ish kms with nearly 700vert, tracks were good with the rain from previous afternoon -when we marked the course -2hrs of rain riding..yay
1 ol guy with a grandkid plodded, the ol guy couldn;t ride the water races between ballarat/creswick, on an ol 2005 giant duallie xd he said his wife paid 3500 back in the day when new..he walked but then got going again, i saw a few grazed knees at the 2nd last rest stop

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
VF SV6. Could have been me, but there's a few VFs around, so could be some other westie commodore driving bogan too. If it's got a Yakima strap on bike rack, it a better chance it's me.
Think it was you, rider had a SB150 and one of those boot strapped racks. I thought your bike had the orange lowers on the forks or I would've said G'day.