What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah definitely worth at least looping Candlebark on that route. I haven’t ventured further than that but the trails right out to Warrandyte sound nice.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Replaced the dropper lever & cable on the new bike.
It hasn't worked great since purchase so bought a Shimano dropper lever to fit.
Started the changeover and then noticed that the cable housing wouldn't push into the frame... and then the saga started.

Loosened the cable to pull the post, shine a torch down the seat tube and WTF!
The cable housing is folded over and kinked and just generally fucked. It looks as though the seatpost has been installed by the work experience kid on a Friday at 6 pm after a beer or two.
Go to pull the cable housing from the front... won't budge a centimetre... queue swearing to commence.

Out comes the tools, cranks off, punch the BB out and fingers up inside trying to feel the cable housing... very tight bend at the BB.
Slowly start feeding the housing back through the BB bend and the inner cable snags on something, queue more swearing.
Feed gear cable back up the seat tube and remove, then remove the cable housing.
Size new housing, feeding from the headtube to the BB.

Send way too long trying to find the opening to make the turn...
Make the turn feed up the seat tube and it catches on the top tube junction, queue more swearing.
Spend 10 minutes trying to fish the housing past the junction, give up and pull the housing back to the BB.

Go and get the Park Tool internal routing kit.
Spend another 5 minutes trying to find the opening again. Pull the kit through and finish off the install.

What should have taken at most 15 minutes turned into an hours struggle.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Been trying to get tubeless setup on my partners bike cause she keeps riding over prickles and i'm sick of patching tubes.
Bought a bottle of pepsi and put it in the lunch room fridge, sure enough come end of day it was almost empty. Couldn't check people for pepsi lips as masks are still mandatory, I just hope it wasn't diabetes Craig.
Works great, can't be bothered doing the second wheel. Tomorrow nights job.
I'm gunna have a beer.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Been trying to get tubeless setup on my partners bike cause she keeps riding over prickles and i'm sick of patching tubes.
Bought a bottle of pepsi and put it in the lunch room fridge, sure enough come end of day it was almost empty.
How does this pepsi bottle work? I see valve for inlet and then a tube? Where's the valve on the outlet?

tobbogonist

a registered member
How does this pepsi bottle work? I see valve for inlet and then a tube? Where's the valve on the outlet?
Two valves, one i sheared off an old tube, other is a tubeless valve.
Tubing is from a garden sprayer, a bunch went clearance at work so i salvaged parts.
Kink the tube and inflate the bottle, fix the tube over the valve on the tyre (core removed) and un-kink.
I tried putting one of the vavles in the bottle but it was too hard to get the valve in from the inside of the bottle.
I stole it from youtube.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Two valves, one i sheared off an old tube, other is a tubeless valve.
Tubing is from a garden sprayer, a bunch went clearance at work so i salvaged parts.
Kink the tube and inflate the bottle, fix the tube over the valve on the tyre (core removed) and un-kink.
I tried putting one of the vavles in the bottle but it was too hard to get the valve in from the inside of the bottle.
I stole it from youtube.
Floor pump hose and a car tyre works a treat too

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Ok clear. Kink was the missing link! Not sure how you kink while pumping though...
Stand on the hose?
Locking pliers.

Bought a bottle of pepsi and put it in the lunch room fridge, sure enough come end of day it was almost empty. Couldn't check people for pepsi lips as masks are still mandatory, I just hope it wasn't diabetes Craig.
Works great, can't be bothered doing the second wheel. Tomorrow nights job.
I'm gunna have a beer.
View attachment 371840
I wrapped my coke bottle in reinforced gaffa tape (bindery tape for those in the print trade) to help delay the stress induced explosion.