What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a bit of exploring around the goldfields track up above Castlemaine and a lap around Baco with a mate who was on his gravel bike.
0BDEFE78-CD2B-40D3-9ED5-352FB65657B6.jpeg

First ride at Harcourt yesterday too before the heat. You really really need to earn those turns up there eh.
Good couple of days out of town

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Did a bit of exploring around the goldfields track up above Castlemaine and a lap around Baco with a mate who was on his gravel bike.
View attachment 371749
First ride at Harcourt yesterday too before the heat. You really really need to earn those turns up there eh.
Good couple of days out of town
My hometown. I get a bit homesick for the trails there... Goldfield track Daylesford-Castlemaine is a great day out.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Simpson Desert Challenge in 2014 and 2015, 5 days with 2 stages a day.

Mutterings of doing it in 2022, just need to get fit and shed 12kg.
spoke to one of the ol guys with the vintage bike setup at maker in nth adelaide, he said at times in the sand you can’t even do walking speed, and one time they shortened a stage as support vehicles couldn’t get over some sand dunes to either a checkpoint/rest stop..said they are a lot of fun though

Minlak

custom titis
I am aiming for a multi - stage even this year as well - but refuse to pay early with travel etc and the organisers getting clever with wording not allowing for refunds only credits

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It’s a great town. We should spend more time up that way
Absolutely worth getting someone to drop you at the spa in Hepburn Springs and do the Goldfields to Castlemaine. Pack a lunch and have it at Vaughn Springs. Really nice ride, comes within a km or two of where I grew up in the bush near Guildford :) Another ride I do when i visit the parentals is cut through the fire trails and pick up the goldfields track back into town.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode the Torrent around the river and up to College Gap to see if anyone was hitting it.

I've only had it three weeks and already put 200 km on it. The poor old Sight must be feeling quite neglected. Hopefully I'll get it out for a shred on Saturday.