What are you listening to NOW?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Like I said I was listening to the song not the album, I actually only know two songs off that album, amazed that “Only” wasn’t bigger but I guess that’s when grunge was the in thing.

It was one of my favourite albums (along with the 2 that followed) during my teen years. I enjoyed the subtle blending of NY hip hop with their version of metal (was it ever really that they achieved and perhaps was helped by their association at the time with Public Enemy. One of my chums had one of those unauthorised live bootlegs of the 2 performing together that was awesome.

cammas

Seamstress
It was one of my favourite albums (along with the 2 that followed) during my teen years. I enjoyed the subtle blending of NY hip hop with their version of metal (was it ever really that they achieved and perhaps was helped by their association at the time with Public Enemy. One of my chums had one of those unauthorised live bootlegs of the 2 performing together that was awesome.
A good friend of mine was a massive Anthrax fan and we use to listen to them a lot mainly the earlier stuff as that’s what was new for me geez showing my age, I found Only as James Hetfield considers this as the perfectly written song, so pretty high praise

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A good friend of mine was a massive Anthrax fan and we use to listen to them a lot mainly the earlier stuff as that’s what was new for me geez showing my age, I found Only as James Hetfield considers this as the perfectly written song, so pretty high praise
That whole album rips. For ages I only had about 2/3 of it. I pirated a copy from a pirated copy that was incomplete and my copy was this also incomplete.

I also enjoyed a bit of biohazard in those crazy days.

In 1996 when this came out, I was probably one of few 11yr old kids, who had this on repeat thanks to having 2 much older brothers in the house... All the weird kids at school were singing mmmbop instead of ROOOTS, Bloody ROOOTS!

A very lucky kid!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm in a place that has sports balls on every channel. The Australia vs Sweden soccer game is playing visually and audio (fuck these commentators are morons though!).

First off, it makes for an amusing match up with the men's rugby league game playing without sound.

But the question arises (as pretty much nobody here is watching this game yet a few nights ago it seemed everywhere was packed with people cheering on the Matildas) has Australia lost interest? It wouldn't surprise me, it is generally what happens with sports like soccer and more so with women's sport...a brief moment of "oh yeah we are so into that...". We put all 3 preliminary games on a (really) big screen before I left, lots of promo for it, free, and fuck all people turned up. In fact less turned up for game 3 than game 2! Ummmmm yeah anyway...go sports balls!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But the question arises (as pretty much nobody here is watching this game yet a few nights ago it seemed everywhere was packed with people cheering on the Matildas) has Australia lost interest? It wouldn't surprise me, it is generally what happens with sports like soccer and more so with women's sport...a brief moment of "oh yeah we are so into that...".
The interest only peaks when they are winning. Once there is a loss then is it onto the next thing that can be won.

The commentators do make it sound like a weather report. Bruce McAvaney is only tolerable in small doses, well, maybe less than that.

If I don't hear 'Gooooooooooooooooooooooallllllll' like the South American commentators do then it is already in a dull spot.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

More than 50 years on, this album is still a fucking banger! Stand out tracks for me are "Flight Of The Rat", 4 & 16 (remastered original and cleaned-up remix respectively) - eight whole minutes of grunge from 20 years before the grunge crowd thought they invented it....., track 7 "Hard Lovin' Man" and track 20, remixed, unedited version of "Black Night"; where the original mix sounds very thick, but stifled and muddy, the newer mix is a lot cleaner & sharper, which really gives a much punchier sound. But really, the whole thing bangs!