What are my options besides commencal?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't Vorsprung have an entire video explaining the differences between the Monarch and Super Deluxe?

Rhetorical, they do, sooooo lets get quoting some Vorsprung!!

- "The Monarch Plus has only 62% of the cross sectional area, and therefore the oil displacement, of the Super Deluxe, that means it's harder for the base valve to be effective."
- "The base valve on [the Monarch Plus] is not able to do as much as easily."
- "The design on the Monarch Plus is a little bit crude, the Super Deluxe has definitely taken it up a notch there."
Probably use a smaller emoji next time, at that size someone could misinterpret it as being a little patronising.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't Vorsprung have an entire video explaining the differences between the Monarch and Super Deluxe?

Rhetorical, they do, sooooo lets get quoting some Vorsprung!!

- "The Monarch Plus has only 62% of the cross sectional area, and therefore the oil displacement, of the Super Deluxe, that means it's harder for the base valve to be effective."
- "The base valve on [the Monarch Plus] is not able to do as much as easily."
- "The design on the Monarch Plus is a little bit crude, the Super Deluxe has definitely taken it up a notch there."
Yep and if it wasn't NYE and I wasn't slightly tipsy I would find the bit where he says its basically a Monarch in metric sizing with some tweaks.

But if we avoid the straw man for a moment. The comparison is between a Super Deluxe and a Dpx2. I've tried both and I prefer the Dpx2 because it gives more lsc control. @kten preferred the Super Deluxe because he felt it performed better.

I personally didn't spend enough time on the Super Deluxe to see if it dealt with a variety of situations better than the Dpx2 but I had the same problem with the Super Deluxe as I do with the Monarch Plus. None of the 3 positions is quite right.

If I was to rank the shocks I've used it would go something like this.

1. Avalanche Vanilla Rc
2. Fox Float X2
3. Dvo Topaz
4. RS Vivid Air/Vivid
5. Fox Dpx2
6. Fox Dhx Rc4
7. CCDBA
8. Manitou Swinger 3/4/6 way
9. Monarch Plus/Super deluxe
10. Fox Float X

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Can someone buy both bikes and let me ride them? Cheers

My house mate has a commencal meta v4.2 with a RS Deluxe on it and I feel it's much more supportive than my monarch plus r. I've never tried a DPS or DPX2 but if it is even better then maybe I should suck it up and wait a month.
Blah I wish I didn't have the money now.

Also the mechanic I take my bike to thinks fox suspension is shit and the best thing about them is the decals. How is something mechanical in nature so polarising!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What's sola?

Also I don't know if I can wait till Feb for them to be available haha. It's a whole month away!!

Would I be missing out on too much? Is 300 more a bargain for the fox build?
The guys that import fox into aus.

Reactions: Zaf

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Are you opposed to steel? DMR make some really nice steel bikes, including a new dually.