Wanted - 9speed shifter/derailleur (Found / Sold)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Oops, I'm building a bike for a mates kid and thought I had heaps of time. Turns out his birthday is next week

I'm almost there, but I need a way of making gears do stuff. I have a pile of 9sp cassettes and chains but no shifters or derailleurs...

Item: 9sp shifter and derailleur
Location: narre warren (would prefer someone fairly local, I'm hoping to finish the build on the weekend)
Price range/Willing to Pay: $50? I dunno what they're worth anymore. School me if they've gone up in value because retro loving hipsters have made them cool again
Extra Info:

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
. School me if they've gone up in value because retro loving hipsters have made them cool again
you’re supposed to sell me that shite, not take it off me..&yes it is hard to find, one guy wanted 100 for a pair of shifters, the x9 didn’t even work properly

moorey

call me Mia
you’re supposed to sell me that shite, not take it off me..&yes it is hard to find, one guy wanted 100 for a pair of shifters, the x9 didn’t even work properly
To be fair, Labby probably hunted it down and drove 2.5h to give it to you, and you forgot to take it back with you.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've got a derailleur for @Plankosaurus but he doesn't want it without a shifter.
I'm fairly certain it's the 8 speed one that @moorey gave me to replace a bent 9 speed.

The poor kid is going to have to go single speed.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks guys, I made an executive decision to take the 9sp stuff off Matty's school clunker and make him go single speed like his brother and sister on the 2km ride to school.

If he gets super cranky with the single speed I'll think about getting gears for him again. SS builds character

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@Daniel Hale has first option I guess, but if someone needs it more, throw out the sob story and make him feel bad.
My golden retriever puppy was injured while saving a bus full of orphans from a tsunami and we need a 9sp shifter to make a prosthetic leg for him

...what does dan need it for anyway? Surely that's roughly 8 gears too many?

moorey

call me Mia
My golden retriever puppy was injured while saving a bus full of orphans from a tsunami and we need a 9sp shifter to make a prosthetic leg for him

...what does dan need it for anyway? Surely that's roughly 8 gears too many?

To make a bespoke 9sp front derailleur I imagine.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@moorey, think we need to save poor Matty from enjoying single speed so much that he becomes a unique facial haired, craft beer sipping young man.
Am I right, @Plankosaurus?
I ride singlespeed and have fairly generic facial hair and i've managed to avoid craft beer and boutique coffee entirely. SS isn't a hipster sentence

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
1 don't have empathy, or a conscience

2, got a 8spd twist shift from pushys last night w free ship $11

3 it's for my wife to use, she can't reach drop bars, after she is done slapping me around she'll b around to your houses to beat u up!