Wanted - 210x55 shock + hope 12mm hub bits - FOUND!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey all,

I'm trying to get a couple of projects started/done and need a couple of bits.

Item: hope pro2 12mm axle inner OR pro2 Evo axxle inner + cassette
Price range/Willing to Pay: ?? Lay it on me
Extra Info: for building a son's bike after daughter commandeered his old frame. I have a pro2 wheelset I can use on it but it's QR and has the maddening QR axle in it that can't be converted. I need a pro2 axle or alternatively I can use a pro2 Evo axle if I get the axle and freehub (pretty sure the freehubs are different)

Item: rear shock for my incoming frame. 210x55, prefer something piggyback but open to something budget to get me going
Price range/Willing to Pay: $300? Maybe $400? Or swap for my 200x51 ccdb air
Extra Info: one of the few things I can't just swap over from old frame to new one I've been looking at rs delux shocks at about this price point, would much prefer another cane creek but as the boat approaches Australia with my frame I'll definitely start getting less picky
Also open to something cheaper to just get it going while I ponder the shock that will make it the perfect bike.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Hey all,

I'm trying to get a couple of projects started/done and need a couple of bits.

Item: hope pro2 12mm axle inner OR pro2 Evo axxle inner + cassette
Price range/Willing to Pay: ?? Lay it on me
Extra Info: for building a son's bike after daughter commandeered his old frame. I have a pro2 wheelset I can use on it but it's QR and has the maddening QR axle in it that can't be converted. I need a pro2 axle or alternatively I can use a pro2 Evo axle if I get the axle and freehub (pretty sure the freehubs are different)
Pretty sure I have one. Is this for a bike that won't get used much? Because the pro2 12mm axles are wafer thin!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Pretty sure I have one. Is this for a bike that won't get used much? Because the pro2 12mm axles are wafer thin!
Awesome.

Yeah, somewhere between not much and not at all. I'd say it stands less of a chance of getting broken than even with your midget stature using it

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Awesome.

Yeah, somewhere between not much and not at all. I'd say it stands less of a chance of getting broken than even with your midget stature using it

Good. I'll go find it later.

Edit: and yes, the freehubs are different between pro2 and evo

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have a RS Deluxe RT 210X50mm (snip the 5mm travel spacer?) if you want it
Is that definitely a thing? I know it's normal to have spacers in some shocks to alter stroke, but I'd hate to get caught out on an assumption
(You know what they say about assumptions - they make an ass out of you and mumptions)

What sort of dollarydoos are you after for it?