Tunes

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
try listening to ''shoot to thrill '' by AC/DC before a downhill run YER BAYBEE!.........
i heard a metal cover of the old tears for fears ''shout shout''(think thats what its called),this song really sounded good.has anyone else heard it? would love to know who the artist was.

Sumo

Likes Dirt
I may be the lone ranger here in the vets section , but I'm a bit of a metal fiend.

70's and 80's metal / rock like Iron Maiden and Deep Purple.

and on to newer stuff like MudVayne, Tool , Slipknot , Drowning Pool etc ...

And even a bit of Progressive metal / rock like Coheed and Cambria or Dreamtheatre ...

Maybe because I play guitar / bass ? I dunno ...
I just know I love riding to the sounds of metal.

Most radio just does not float my boat ...
Oh yeah, bring it on Baby, but throw in some Black Sabbath.:D

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Though I am an 80's boy at heart it doesn't excite me when I'm riding.
I need a mind numbing repetitive tune to get my legs into rhythm and to distract my brain from the pain.
I like Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto and other trance artists.
The trails become an extension of the music with various tunes kicking in at the same sections of a ride.
If they kick in before or later then it gives me an indication of how I'm riding this time.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm confused (being a vet and all!). This sub-forum is still in the General Mountain Bike forum.

Should music talk still be in Off Topic or does anything go in the Vets?

Hugor

Likes Dirt
I'm confused (being a vet and all!). This sub-forum is still in the General Mountain Bike forum.

You know how it is. When your old pretty much anything goes.
You gonna boss an old man around?
Besides I'd get flamed big time in the general forum if I admitted to listening to Simon & Garfunkel or the Platters while I'm thrashing trails. They just wouldn't get it!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Rookie by Boy Sets Fire.
Yes! Can't believe that bad broke up.

Oh , yeah, Transvision Vamp...Man, she was hot
Agreed.

Me, altough I love the old stuff dating back to the 50's and 60's, and I'm in my element for Hi NRG dance music of the late 80's, what sets me off is Rise Against. Takes me back to Whistler in 08 and driving around L.A. listening to it on the Radio as they were playing gigs there at the time.

Rookie because I'd sing that shit as I barrelled down Ho Chi Min in Whistler.

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
You know how it is. When your old pretty much anything goes.
You gonna boss an old man around?
Besides I'd get flamed big time in the general forum if I admitted to listening to Simon & Garfunkel or the Platters while I'm thrashing trails. They just wouldn't get it!
i dunno ''bridge over troubled water'' is just the tune for when the ambo's give you that shot of morphine after you crash!
(just kidding mate);)

dunndog

Eats Squid

Well, the threa was actually meant to be about that track/artist that gets you thinking about/pumped for riding DESPITE BEING WAY TOO OLD AND POSSIBLY INAPPROPRIATE.. hence being in the vets section. But that's been kinda lost, I guess due to folks reading the couple of posts before theirs instead of the first one.. Either way though, as said, you can get away with things more if you're old and derelict!:)

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I need a mind numbing repetitive tune to get my legs into rhythm and to distract my brain from the pain.
I think I would rather poke my eyes out with burnt sticks.
Sounds like torture of the worst kind.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
i dunno ''bridge over troubled water'' is just the tune for when the ambo's give you that shot of morphine after you crash!
Next time I drop off a log and land on my arse I must remember to play "Oh yes I'm the great pretender...":)

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Ok dunndog I've got one for ya', how about Crunchy Granola Suite from none other than Mr Neil Diamond!!
Wow, that's a load off my chest I've said it now. Gotta be the version off Hot August Night, sitting at the start line rearing to go!
Is that old and inappropriate enough? Hell Yeh!!!!!:cool:

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Though I am an 80's boy at heart it doesn't excite me when I'm riding.
The trails become an extension of the music with various tunes kicking in at the same sections of a ride.
If they kick in before or later then it gives me an indication of how I'm riding this time.
Love the music of the 80's and 90's but not for riding... I change my music depending on my mood but my favourite for riding is either Trance, Dance or Techno... for me there's nothing better to tap out the miles to than a heavy bass beat... Off road I find the beat of the cicadas or birds better though :D

When I'm feeling for something different, I find Dead Letter Circus a great playlist to ride to...

dunndog

Eats Squid
Ok dunndog I've got one for ya', how about Crunchy Granola Suite from none other than Mr Neil Diamond!!
Wow, that's a load off my chest I've said it now. Gotta be the version off Hot August Night, sitting at the start line rearing to go!
Is that old and inappropriate enough? Hell Yeh!!!!!:cool:
Now we're talkin! That's SHIT!! Well done Sir:)