Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Freediver

I can go full Karen

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Japan at the end of WW2. The scale of the invasion has always been played down but the evidence is all through Darwin to this day.
Everyone knows that isn't true. The Japanese aspect of world war 2 was simply the emancipation of their neighbours from the imperialistic terror of Europe, and providing a pathway to freedom and independence. The invasion of Australia was made up by the Europeans to drag us into their war. It's all propaganda.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Japan at the end of WW2. The scale of the invasion has always been played down but the evidence is all through Darwin to this day.
Bollocks.

My grandfather was there at the time, an officer in the air force. I discussed it with him many times.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, so all those bullet holes in buildings, partly exploded buildings, bomb shelters, trenches etc etc were all part of the propaganda. And the Army guys I know have all been told lies by their superiors. My mistake, carry on.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well you've already dismissed this as bollocks so I presumed you knew what I was referring to.

We're getting off topic, back to our billionaire overlord?

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Wow, so all those bullet holes in buildings, partly exploded buildings, bomb shelters, trenches etc etc were all part of the propaganda. And the Army guys I know have all been told lies by their superiors. My mistake, carry on.
There is a difference between an attack and an invasion. The attacks on Darwin were to prevent it being used as a base to interfere with there plans for our neighbours not as part of an invasion.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
OK, so it's not bollocks.

The history of the bombing is pretty well described in conventional media. It sounds like you're insinuating some sort of cover-up.

What do you feel is mis-reported?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You might wish to better understand the definition of the word invasion before you carry on like too much of a tool.

And by the way, as a former "army guy" myself I'd suggest you get historical knowledge from historians rather than from those whose expertise lay elsewhere.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm genuinely surprised by the strength and defensiveness of the reactions here. But as I said, off topic. You say tomato, I heard potato. Back to Trump yet?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm genuinely surprised by the strength and defensiveness of the reactions here. But as I said, off topic. You say tomato, I heard potato. Back to Trump yet?
Well, when you are wrong but speak to us sarcastically as if we're idiots how would you expect us to act?

Invasion is boots on the ground, controlling territory and removing control of the existing state. Attack is noting more than that and the Japanese never had any intentions further than attacking to keep Australia and allies from launching attacks into JAva, East Timor, New Britain, etc. No tomato potato here, they are the facts and if we lived in the same grid square there'd be a case of beer riding on it.

Last edited:

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The fact that there is any debate/argument/views on the matter would suggest it's not clear cut. I just can't see the point in getting riled up about someone else's take on something that happened 75 years ago and has sweet FA influence on what happens today and has almost no relevance to the context of this thread. But if my personal opinion, based on the information I have, offends you in some way, then for your own sake don't sweat it because what one person miles out of your grid square thinks doesn't really effect you right? I assure you I won't lose any sleep because of your opinion and I sincerely hope you don't because of mine. Could we just move back to Trump or is there some compelling reason you need me to believe the same thing as you?

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
HA, yeah, rightio. Your rationale is that if some one argues something then the matter isn't clear cut. Guess the matter for the earth being flat and Elvis being alive isn't clear cut either then!

Dude, I don't care if you want to ignore history and make up your own, that's fine. If you want to try and change the topic, after you brought it up and are now realising you probably aren't right, that's fine too. That's not what I'm reacting to. It's that you were being a sarcastic dick when you don't actually know what you're talking about, that was more what made me respond. But you can try spin it any way you want, that's also fine.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
something that happened 75 years ago and has sweet FA influence on what happens today and has almost no relevance to the context of this thread.
You brought it up in the context of today's "hand holding idealists" who I assume mean to be people who disagree with Hanson/Trump given the discussion when you raised the point.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
HA, yeah, rightio. Your rationale is that if some one argues something then the matter isn't clear cut. Guess the matter for the earth being flat and Elvis being alive isn't clear cut either then!
Elvis is alive. He lives in Argentina. There is a members' ledger of a polo club from Cordoba that shows him and Hitler as members. Crazy stuff! The same region has him on the electoral role as well. His membership was current as of 2006.

John U

MTB Precision
Is this story of the Japanese invasion of Australia an old version of fake news?

Trumps approach, anything that may negatively impact him is fake news based purely on his call. He is his own propaganda division.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Everyone knows that isn't true. The Japanese aspect of world war 2 was simply the emancipation of their neighbours from the imperialistic terror of Europe, and providing a pathway to freedom and independence. The invasion of Australia was made up by the Europeans to drag us into their war. It's all propaganda.
Not made up, listen to the video johnny out up. Japanese navy was keen on future invasion, army said they couldn't, so they decided against it - this was after the bombing of Darwin had started.

Second, this information is post war, so Australian defences didn't know what the Japanese plans were, and there was no reason to think the Japanese had decided against invasion in the latter half of 42. Curtin seemed to believe an invasion was a real risk.

If you are saying there was propaganda that Australia had actually been invaded, then that's another matter of course, but invasion was a real risk at the height of the Japanese.