Tokyo 2020

danncam

Likes Dirt
You'd wonder if they will come up with something better or more efficient than duct tape. Considering the state of the art shit that goes into these bikes, next years technology and parts... then a shitty piece of duct tape rippled down the frame.
opportunity knocks for someone more motivated than me

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I'm sorry but it all pales for me into insignificance after watching Hardline... So in awe. Probably still watch it though
Different sort of respect. I respect the Hardline riders for being able to turn off their brain. I respect the XC riders for being able to ride down hills on XC whips on a track that most Pinkbike members would need an enduro bike and a full face helmet for, after they have smashed themselves up a hill at the human physiological limit of 6 watts/kg, for over an hour.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
FFS. Mrs George decided to buy and therefore I had to build the kids a new trampoline, knowing I had a full day and wouldn't get to it until 4pm, and also knew I planned to watch the Women's race, at 4pm.

That's OK, I'll watch the replay tonight.

No fucking replay.

Have been avoiding this thread all afternoon. Open Facebook and what's the first thing that pops up on my News Feed?

FARK! :mad:

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Different sort of respect. I respect the Hardline riders for being able to turn off their brain. I respect the XC riders for being able to ride down hills on XC whips on a track that most Pinkbike members would need an enduro bike and a full face helmet for, after they have smashed themselves up a hill at the human physiological limit of 6 watts/kg, for over an hour.
It was a tongue in cheek comment..... I thoroughly enjoyed the race. Buuuut, even so , I could ride the Tokyo course but Hardline is a level I could never reach in skill or without self preservation kicking in.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Some spicy post race comments from Neff and Prevot...
Not pulling any punches hey! Fair enough for a pair of champions with years of rivalry between them. That said, Neff wins this round, definitely got caught out by PFP on that drop and Pauline's comment re: her fall on the little rock pinch is patently BS to anyone watching the video. Still, like with MVDP, shame not to see a tighter battle for the W.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Imagine the spice if that was on the final lap....

BS that Prevot needed a brake tap. Neff clearly had the momentum and a racing tap at the exit would have been less damaging than falling into the bunting. The article was generous doing she only lost 30 seconds.

I think Neff had a lap 1 gap of 40

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn