The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Got hold of this last night, AMP research B2.
It needs some tlc, horst link bushings are flogged and the rear mech hanger has a dodgy thread insert.
Luckily i have had a few of these over the years ( a b2 in 93 and a b3 in 95) and i still have my B2 which has a rooted front triangle but the rear is A1 so i will fit it onto this one, also got some Mag 21s with a long travel kit ( all 90 mm of it) that i may use instead of the Judy's it has now.
Shifters, brakes,rear mech and hub are XT,front hub is some carbon centered thing, cranks Deore and front mech LX. Shit, it even has a Smoke/Dart tyre combo, post is Syncros and bars Club roost and it will get a kore stem during the clean up process.
It has been 18 years since i cut sick on one of these noodles, i reckon i am in for a shock.

Attachments

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Just picked this up for $50

Brilliant! My mate used to have the cro-mega DX back in the day. Stupidly he threw it out only a couple years ago, complete with the full DX groupset. He still has the knicks/jersey with the same Alpinestars livery though.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Is the headtube gusset stock? Does that make it a latter model than the fluro one? You should sell it. I know a buyer.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw this a few weeks back and gave Fatman a shout

Turns out I was in desperate need of repair and not worth the $149? Or was it $49?

I said I already had one, in better condition. There was a beauty available in Melbourne a few weeks ago.

donny70

Likes Dirt
I'm just looking for something with a 90's dx group set. Missed out on a diamond back apex during the week which would have fit the bill nicely.

floody

Wheel size expert
Working back to a more 'original' spec for this. Will change the LX derailleur and XT crank for an XT derailleur and LX crank tonight. I like the '1990s club downhiller' spec but would love a tidy GT flat bar to fit onto it with a Kore stem, then I could get it very near catalogue spec. I've bought a NOS 6x1.25 deluxe shock in the hope I can cannibalise the piston/seal head/shaft into my dead 5.25x1.25 deluxe body.

In progress...need to cable it up and source a front derailleur plus OE Shimano cable hangers

floody

Wheel size expert
I spent about 2 hours on it with a Mothers Powerball on my cordless drill and Mothers aluminium polish when I first got it, and as you see it there is just a quick wipe over the main triangle with a rag and polish.

You wouldn't have a surplus stock GT flat bar by any chance?