The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Wait till Elvis (DW-1) sees that! At last check, he was a bit of a Mantis fan...

Beautiful Arran!

sean-390

Cannon Fodder
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but have been a member of retrobike and the idriders proflex forums for a while.

This is my proflex 757. The pic. was taken shortly after i got it. I bought it from a guy who bought it new in 1997 and then broke his leg before he could ride. It subsequently sat in his bedroom until the day he sold it to me. I have been riding it for about a year and a half now and it peforms flawlessly. I have since upgraded to a carbon post and some kenda small block 8's.

Also, if anyone has (or knows of anyone) a proflex 953 or 853 I would be very interested in buying it. There was a 953 that was on ebay about 6 months or so ago in Victoria. It only sold for about 250 dollars but I was going overseas at the time. i have been searching since then to no avail!

Glad to see such a retro scene out here!

Attachments

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but have been a member of retrobike and the idriders proflex forums for a while.

This is my proflex 757. The pic. was taken shortly after i got it. I bought it from a guy who bought it new in 1997 and then broke his leg before he could ride. It subsequently sat in his bedroom until the day he sold it to me. I have been riding it for about a year and a half now and it peforms flawlessly. I have since upgraded to a carbon post and some kenda small block 8's.

Also, if anyone has (or knows of anyone) a proflex 953 or 853 I would be very interested in buying it. There was a 953 that was on ebay about 6 months or so ago in Victoria. It only sold for about 250 dollars but I was going overseas at the time. i have been searching since then to no avail!

Glad to see such a retro scene out here!
Nice bike, I'm on idriders as well. I'm getting around on a modernised 856, but have a 955, 855 and 854 in various stages of completeness.

I'll keep an eye out for a 953 or 853. I haven't seen one for a while though,

sean-390

Cannon Fodder
Nice bike, I'm on idriders as well. I'm getting around on a modernised 856, but have a 955, 855 and 854 in various stages of completeness.

I'll keep an eye out for a 953 or 853. I haven't seen one for a while though,
Thanks,

I have seen your bikes before. I love the 955, is that the one with the fox shock? If so, how does it perform? I was very interested when I saw it.

I also have an 856 in pieces at the moment and an old Avanti Nitro Fs.

floody

Wheel size expert
We have a brand new 953 at work. Yes that is correct. It still carries its 1993 pricetag however.

I had an 856 in pieces, though that was because the frame basically fell apart over the course of one DH season.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"the ritchey p-23, not a flimsey aluminum bike..."

although i don;t think that one was actually made in 1980... and especially not with the original xtr and judys haha... still a very nice bike, always wanted one...

sean-390

Cannon Fodder
Anyone riding retro in the Mont 24 hour??

Just wondering if anyone is riding their retro steed in the Mont next April? I will be (most likely a proflex) and am keen to see some other guys flying the retro flag!

Not to mention show our bikes can still cut it :)

DW-1

Dirt Works
Just wondering if anyone is riding their retro steed in the Mont next April? I will be (most likely a proflex) and am keen to see some other guys flying the retro flag!

Not to mention show our bikes can still cut it :)
ooooooooo... I'm tempted to get the Mantis down from the wall... :cool:

Elvis