The three best parts I've ever bought are....

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
Besides my current whip...........

1. 1x10 setup
2. X0 trail brakes
3. NSD susp tune

Highly commended - my 5.10's

blah blah blah
3. Schwalbe Racing Ralphs best tire ever for a fat bloke....................
Define "fat" - I am just about to replace my high rollers............

dunndog

Eats Squid
Wow. 5 years ago to now. THAT is a gravedig!
Seeing as Im here though, my list..
1: 2010 888 bomber ti's. So good.
2: KS Lev dropper post. So good too.
3: xt brakes. So so good.

static_X3

Likes Dirt
1. Hope Evos strapped to ZTR Flows wrapped in Maxxis Ardents. Confidence inspiring stiffy's!

2. KS Dropzone Post. So freakin' handy!

3. Endura MTB shorts. Will probably last my lifetime!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wow. 5 years ago to now. THAT is a gravedig!
Seeing as Im here though, my list..
1: 2010 888 bomber ti's. So good.
2: KS Lev dropper post. So good too.
3: xt brakes. So so good.
yeah, figured I'd revive it for a new generation.

I love my XTs as well.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
1. TWE wheelset. Bullet proof and light weight
2. Running the above tubeless
3. WTB rocket V saddle. comfort is a good thing

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
1. Magura Gustavs, 14 years old and still throwing friends over the bars.
2. lock on grips.
3. Repair stand, why did I not buy one 20 years ago?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
3 WORST THINGS I EVER BOUGHT:

1. fizik saddle - was like spending time in jail
2. Huffy floor pump - 1 pump, 2 pump, game over
3. Michelin tyres for road bike, 3 hernias later, they were on.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1: holy rollers
2: hollzfellers
3:e-thirteen guide ring

3 WORST parts i've brought

1: kmc half link
2: an stp i got for free
3: anything sram

M0z

Likes Bikes
1. Shimano SPD Pedals/Shoes - (I reckon this would have been 16+ years ago now! even riding around on old steel clunkers, made a massive improvement to my riding back then)

2. My first camelback - (Again, would have been 15-16 years ago, another thing that improved my life considerably when riding, i hate carrying bottles!)

3. Current XT Brakes (M780) - (i know right! i do think they are that good tho! but with a fair bit of time out of the sport, i went from cantilever -> v brake -> magura hydraulic rim brake -> avid hydraulic -> M780, and i struggle to imagine how on earth they could improve on them!)

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
3 best parts

1. Easton flatboy pedals. The only flats anyone should be running on a DH bike.
2. Orange 222 frame. It's 10 this year. And still puts a smile on me everytime I ride it.
3. Dura-Ace 7700 derailleur. It's been on my DH bike for 5 years and is still shifting well.

3 worst parts

1. Intense M1. Ridiculously misaligned. The mexican on duty must've been off his face when welding this thing up.
2. Avid brakes. I have so much hate for any avids. The only set that seemed to work are the original juicys. Until you needed to rebleed them
3. Sram derailleurs. Every time any of them x7, x9, XO even glanced at a rock the parallelogram would bend and you would lose gears 7, 8 and 9.
4. I have to put this in. The original Atomlab Aircorp pedals. WTF were they thinking of securing a pedal body to an axle with a circlip!

Last edited:

Stew41

Likes Bikes
My 2 cents:

Best:

1) SGD Belair MTB saddle: seriously comfortable and more than happy to pay ~100g penalty (can't believe how much more plush this is than than, for instance, the Fizik Kium that came stock with my XTC 29er.

2) Maxxis Medusa 2.1 front and rear: bought these when Wombat / Macedon was a mud bath and performed brilliantly. I have no problems with these in the dry either.

3) XT V-brakes: maybe 6 yrs old now but still doing the job on bike no.4 (and probably outperform my Hayes GX2 mechanical discs on bike no.3).

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3 best parts

1. Easton flatboy pedals. The only flats anyone should be running on a DH bike.
2. Orange 222 frame. It's 10 this year. And still puts a smile on me everytime I ride it.
3. Dura-Ace 7700 derailleur. It's been on my DH bike for 5 years and is still shifting well.

3 worst parts

1. Intense M1. Ridiculously misaligned. The mexican on duty must've been off his face when welding this thing up.
2. Avid brakes. I have so much hate for any avids. The only set that seemed to work are the original juicys. Until you needed to rebleed them
3. Sram derailleurs. Every time any of them x7, x9, XO even glanced at a rock the parallelogram would bend and you would lose gears 7, 8 and 9.
4. I have to put this in. The original Atomlab Aircorp pedals. WTF were they thinking of securing a pedal body to an axle with a circlip!
FUCKING MEXICANS! Stick to drugs and people smuggling!

and mate are you acctually fucking joking? a circlip is what is holding the pedal body from sliding off the axle? YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING!!??? RIGHT????