The stupid questions thread.

ausdb

Being who he is
Costco used to have the blue towels that you see on all the US YouTube vids of people doing bike service. Looks like it's out of stock now.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have to be honest, that KC stuff is the best I have used. Had the dispenser set up next to the lathe and mill. Very convenient. I might have had a cheaper source of supply when I was working for a living. Thus I haven't refilled the dispenser.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The blurb says blue pack is biggerer.
Blue says 49cm x 70 metres
White says Size: 24.5cm x 70m

I doubt this though. The dispenser is 25cm width. The blue though does say food safe while the white doesn't.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ordered the blue stuff 20 mins ago.

Stupid question was stupid. Of course I’ll prefer the blue ones when they remind me of my childhood garage shenanigans every time I see/use them.
Report back... I need to get some. Rags are a bit shit. I had about 15 tonnes of industrial kimbies too but they have fallen apart and the thirty or so that somehow fell in the mulcher are not to be discussed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Costco used to have the blue towels that you see on all the US YouTube vids of people doing bike service. Looks like it's out of stock now.

Don't worry champ, dry your eyes...

images.jpeg

In response to the question, I either use old socks and jocks or these mighty good cloths.

images (1).jpeg

But I try to avoid single use items where possible.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
In response to the question, I either use old socks and jocks or these mighty good cloths.

But I try to avoid single use items where possible
Yeah I’ve got one or two microfibres and a bag of old tees and stuff too. Agree on limiting single use stuff.

But if I’m wiping dirty old grease off something I tend to want to toss it afterwards. Slightly greasy cloths you can wash, sure. But I feel weird washing a box of dirty oily rags in the same machine I put my shirts and pants in.

I also want a rag I know is spotless when I’m cleaning brake rotors or windows.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah I’ve got one or two microfibres and a bag of old tees and stuff too. Agree on limiting single use stuff.

But if I’m wiping dirty old grease off something I tend to want to toss it afterwards. Slightly greasy cloths you can wash, sure. But I feel weird washing a box of dirty oily rags in the same machine I put my shirts and pants in.

I also want a rag I know is spotless when I’m cleaning brake rotors or windows.

That what the socks that can handle another load get used for...I used one tonight when I ot home from work to wipe down my grimy seat post.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

But if I’m wiping dirty old grease off something I tend to want to toss it afterwards.
I went from blue cloth and chux to paper towel, you'd be surprised how much the wipe and throw action is not needed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Passports!

My passport is due to expire in December 2023. The government want me to have at least 6 months validity for overseas travel. I plan to visit New Zealand in August. Do I really need to renew my passport before that trip? Or should I be fine to travel with about 3 months of validity?

yes this is mostly about squeezing as much life span put of the current passport as possible before buying a new one.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Passports!

My passport is due to expire in December 2023. The government want me to have at least 6 months validity for overseas travel. I plan to visit New Zealand in August. Do I really need to renew my passport before that trip? Or should I be fine to travel with about 3 months of validity?

yes this is mostly about squeezing as much life span put of the current passport as possible before buying a new one.
Check with the NZ customer folks if they will let you grace their shore but I would recommend getting the new passport now. I had a transit flight back via Singapore once and less than 6 months on my passport. I wasn't allowed to land there so had to fork out for another direct ticket.

Be smart, don't be like @Mr Crudley

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Check with the NZ customer folks if they will let you grace their shore but I would recommend getting the new passport now. I had a transit flight back via Singapore once and less than 6 months on my passport. I wasn't allowed to land there so had to fork out for another direct ticket.

Be smart, don't be like @Mr Crudley
Talk about inconvenient. I could just tell them I want to emigrate...