The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well this is an unfamiliar experience, a Saturday night off. It has been a long time since the last one. What do you guys normally do?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Because the ocean of stupidity is very broad and fathoms deep.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I'm not sure it's about stupidity as much as something else I cant put my finger in.

The look of disgust when suggesting something nicer and same price is always a shock too.

moorey

call me Mia
Why do people have such an unending love for shitty rum? The unshakable commitment to Bundy and (it isn't even rum!) Captain Morgan amazes everytime I have a busy night.
It’s an image, based around a cliche of a life they’re pretending to live.
Rum, Bundy particularly, from what I remember, is about as disgusting as a taste can be. You have to be blind drunk on shitty beer before you can even stomach it.

slowmick

38-39"
Bundy is good at the distillery. Did the tour, immersed in the smell. The free taste at the end was good. Haven't enjoyed it anywhere else.

Almost spat out my drink at a Christmas function when I order a Bundaberg ginger beer off the menu and got a bundy and ginger beer.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Bundy is good at the distillery. Did the tour, immersed in the smell. The free taste at the end was good. Haven't enjoyed it anywhere else.

Almost spat out my drink at a Christmas function when I order a Bundaberg ginger beer off the menu and got a bundy and ginger beer.
Dark and Stormy can be a stellar drink ... but not with Bundy. Never anything with bundy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah a dark and stormy is refreshing. Sold quite a few of them over the warmer months.

It’s an image, based around a cliche of a life they’re pretending to live.
Rum, Bundy particularly, from what I remember, is about as disgusting as a taste can be. You have to be blind drunk on shitty beer before you can even stomach it.
It is a fairly unpleasant taste and really strong smell. Captain Morgan just taste like watery bad vanilla flavouring. I have long suspected it is more about the power of invasive marketing, but like many things the cliche consumer isn't too far from the anecdotal evidence. Or perhaps my own confirmation bias. The last couple of nights has been big crowds with lots asking "do you have any normal beer?" And bundy is the popular side step of having to drink "shitty beer". Most of the time I don't care what people drink but some nights it confuses me..a fridge full of the stuff you apparently like is on offer and you are scared to try it because you don't recognise it?

The same sort of crowd generally pronounce a lot of wines wrong (easy enough I guess due to the use of other languages in those names) and it can be fun to keep a little tally of them.

Rum is lovely! If it weren't lovely, Rum and Raisin wouldn't be a popular flavour of Ice Cream and Pirates would have all been morose gin drinkers.

Bundy however, is not Rum.
Bundy is rum...it's just bad rum. Good rum is easy to come by and good!

I can't imagine the rum being pumped out for currency in the days of the rum corps would have been much good!