The stupid questions thread.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
When a DJ is playing someone else's song, why do people face the decks and not just randomly face somewhere else in the crowd surrounded by speakers? Everyone sorta migrates to the front where this guy is playing other people's CD but he isn't actually doing anything............

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Everyone sorta migrates to the front where this guy is playing other people's CD but he isn't actually doing anything............
Then get out their smartphones for the obligatory Instagram photo of some DJ playing someone else's music.

A sea of smart phone screen at a concert doesn't have the effect that cigarette lighters used to either, but that is another story

stirk

Burner
When a DJ is playing someone else's song, why do people face the decks and not just randomly face somewhere else in the crowd surrounded by speakers? Everyone sorta migrates to the front where this guy is playing other people's CD but he isn't actually doing anything............
Good DJ's are constantly manipulating the tracks and sound effects, EQ, filters, bringing in samples etc

Big speakers at the front of stage.

There is a stage to face, normally where the lighting will come from.

Ever stood in a train carriage and knowingly faced the door that is opposite to the doors that will open at the next station. All these sheeples will face the same direction as you until the trail pulls up at the station and they realise they're facing the wrong way, the open doors are behind them and they shuffle 180° to get off the train. Cracks me up.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Clearly the universe is telling me to get an e-bike?
consume.

What about a small tranny scout instead? 125mm out back, 150 up front......... slopey for the trails and all that.

It’s be sick built up with saint gear, legit chainguide, tough rims and ikons front/back.......... ooooof.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Anyone know anything about the craftworks S1 sizing (2010ish)?

I've just taken a look at one local to me and I like it, but I'm concerned it might be a bit small for my massive 5'11. I haven't ridden anything dh before either and I assume the geo/sizing is completely different to the trail/enduro bikes I'm used to so maybe it is A-OK.

It's a stupid question, I know sizing can be a preference and varies between people. But I'm going to sleep on it and having a bit of info might help me make a call on it. Can't find a bloody thing on the interwebs

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Anyone know anything about the craftworks S1 sizing (2010ish)?

I've just taken a look at one local to me and I like it, but I'm concerned it might be a bit small for my massive 5'11. I haven't ridden anything dh before either and I assume the geo/sizing is completely different to the trail/enduro bikes I'm used to so maybe it is A-OK.

It's a stupid question, I know sizing can be a preference and varies between people. But I'm going to sleep on it and having a bit of info might help me make a call on it. Can't find a bloody thing on the interwebs

This should help hopefully....
https://web.archive.org/web/2007021...kscycles.com:80/content/downhill/downhill.asp

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
thanks heaps mate, sorta what i was after. thats the older version that you linked there, but i had a search through the archive and found the one i was looking for:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130522021641/http://www.craftworkscycles.com:80/index.php/s1

looks like they only made one size, for people 160cm+ apparently. i guess i fit into that category, just gotta work out if id have been better off being closer to 170cm in order to fit their bike :p

wkkie

Yeah, they were getting rid of those at a great price a while ago. Sometimes I wish I was shorter... :oops:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yeah, they were getting rid of those at a great price a while ago. Sometimes I wish I was shorter... :oops:
Some people have to stand on a stool to get the Milo down from the pantry shelf, you'd get bored of being short pretty quick I reckon

I posted up on craftys Facebook page, they also got back to me with a spec sheet in short order. Ripper support for a bike that old, little things Ike that will make a fan out of a guy for sure...

wkkie

Some people have to stand on a stool to get the Milo down from the pantry shelf, you'd get bored of being short pretty quick I reckon

I posted up on craftys Facebook page, they also got back to me with a spec sheet in short order. Ripper support for a bike that old, little things Ike that will make a fan out of a guy for sure...

I'm hearing you! I'd still be on one if they knew about tall people! :p

Mine, well my ex one, you saw at Falls last year (FRX). I had nothing but great customer service with them in the past as well. Great Aussie company!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Craftworks are a great company to deal with @Plankosaurus. Bike fit usually comes down to what feels most comfortable for you. I like a smaller ride so I can monster it into doing what I want. I find them easier to manipulate and stay on top of. I'm a little taller than you and always rode medium sized bikes in the 2010 era you're talking about. Throw on a set back seat post, 45/50mm stem, and some wide-ish bars with a little rise and you'll be sweet.

@pink poodle at 5'11 I probably should be on a large but also decided to keep the bike small for agility's sake and went with a medium. KS make a set back dropper, also running a 50 mm stem but pretty narrow bars at 690. Running 29 wheels I felt it was important to keep the bike as short as I could and not lose the appeal of the superlight which was such a joy in the tight twisty stuff. The seat tube angle is steeper than my old bike, I can pedal for days and having the seat back doesn't bother me at all.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That's some food for thought fellas, thanks

I had a little spin on it, he luckily lives on a nice steep dirt road so I huffed and puffed to the top and played on the way down. It felt rad, provided I wasn't trying to sit down I wouldn't really have known it was smaller. Part of that is probably because it's such a foreign feeling bike, but if your bums not on the seat then the bike really is whatever size you make it, right?

I'm hoping I don't need a setback dropper, I have a brand X the right size sitting in a parts bin that I'm hoping will be sufficient

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Send me your tracer and after a few weeks on the s1 you won't even remember what you're missing.
Relentless persistence is the game plan is it?

At least I know a buyer if I ever do decide to move on. Did I post a pic of it with the ccdb air and lyrik suspension combo? Even if the tracers looks aren't your thing, just flick the light off and enjoy them feels

moorey

call me Mia
Why are most Aussies so uninformed? Oh that’s right, their news feed on their iPhone is all they look at, and it generally looks like this...
9E419532-D7B9-4A5E-A4F4-0A5385E53B41.jpeg