The QUICK question thread.....

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Ask your fucking LBS...or get a mate to ask theirs and have them post it. Or throw it out.
One lbs doesn't have a Shimano account. Too small. Other lbs only orders twice per year. And could not be fucked with small parts.

No mates.

[clunk]

Bin job.

Now to self flagellate the guilt...

moorey

call me Mia
Sneaky bastard...tracked down your name...but no bank d's, cuz we've only done mutual donating. Derailleur is a bit bigger, chuck me your bank d's, or expect a post packed turd, Sean D.

edit. Snap. :shakes fist:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Sneaky bastard...tracked down your name...but no bank d's, cuz we've only done mutual donating. Derailleur is a bit bigger, chuck me your bank d's, or expect a post packed turd, Sean D.

edit. Snap. :shakes fist:
Thee have inbound.

I hath a 6 year old lad so keep your turd...I may hath need of your better hoardings in future days...

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have experienced this with Hayes and avid brakes. A bleed may help, but it probably won't. There could be a broken bit or seal etc and you'll get no love. If you have some spare cash and upgrade is always nice...juicey 3s are not a brake i would spend any money on.

Avid are known for their sudden siezing up.
Sorry for the late reply, I think I will take your advice.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Brake pads. Could be a candidate for the stupid questions thread also...

I usually buy both front and rear when only one needs replacing, but had to buy some from my LBS and I wasn't going to spend $100, so I only bought the one set.

It's my rear pads that need replacing, so is it OK to put the used fronts on the rear and the new set on the front, or best to put the new set on the rear as it's needed and then wait until I can get some pads a bit cheaper online for the front.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Brake pads. Could be a candidate for the stupid questions thread also...

I usually buy both front and rear when only one needs replacing, but had to buy some from my LBS and I wasn't going to spend $100, so I only bought the one set.

It's my rear pads that need replacing, so is it OK to put the used fronts on the rear and the new set on the front, or best to put the new set on the rear as it's needed and then wait until I can get some pads a bit cheaper online for the front.
Yes.............. you can put whatever pads in whatever place you like.