The QUICK question thread.....

ausdb

Being who he is
1.Best to go to an archery shop and buy a 2nd hand bow. A decent shop will work out whether you shoot RH or LH based on eye dominance, and set up your draw length and sell you appropriate weight and stiffness & length of arrows to match your bow's peak draw weight.
or
2. you could by some cheapo shit that you will get bored of quickly.
@safreek please post the video of someone shooting marshmallows into your mouth after you do this ;)

Scotty675

Cable thief
When I only have 2 bolt ISG tabs, is the wolf tooth camo bash spider the best option?
Running cinch at the moment. Need a bash guard quickly

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fabric saddles, owned by the same parent company as Cannondale, naturaly provides its popular Scoop saddle in matching colors.

Maybe try a cannondale dealer.
After searching the globe it seems you are closest to the mark, cheers mate.
Apparently Fabric Funguy grips are now known as Cannondale Trailshroom ffs. Quite the rabbit hole but replacement are ordered

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
QQ. Family friendly skiing in Japan late Jan...kids 10 & 12 second time properly on snow (although they are of the belief that they are experts) HALP.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was getting a bit of jumping of the chain on the cassette and decided after measuring to replace it. Had a look at the cassette as well. I have posted some pictures of it below. I have never been too good at telling, by looking. if it needs replacing.

Any hints on what to look for?

20230812_125732 (FILEminimizer).jpg
20230812_125739 (FILEminimizer).jpg
20230812_125732 (FILEminimizer).jpg

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking a bit rough on granny :oops:

Have you tried riding with the new chain yet ?

I would say you are going to have worse skipping when you do.
No, new chain was going on this morning but I will replace cassette first.
Other than the obvious scarring on the granny, what else should I be looking at?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Other than the obvious scarring on the granny, what else should I be looking at?
When a chain stretches/wears, it elongates the tooth gap on cassettes and chainrings. This means fitting a new tight spaced chain with zero wear, then rides up on the worn teeth and jumps.

If it goes more than 0.75, you risk having to change the cassette too. Changing them just before 0.75 will allow a cassette to last for many chains.
In most cases, I'll sell a bike with the original cassette still fitted.
My last roadie had 15,000km on the original cassette when sold.

Ebikes are an exception.

Slow moe

Likes Dirt
Compare the shape of each point. They should be consistent and have almost a wave shape to them (look at your new cassette or some of your lesser used gears). Then look at the granny ring on your first photo at about one o'clock- that pointy shape is exactly what you don't want as there is nothing for the chain to pull against.
Good luck with the new chain and cassette

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thank for all your comments. I am pretty good about the chains. I have only used XO1 chains for a few years now as they have great durability (assuming you look after them). I change them on the same schedule @ozzybmx uses.
A bit slack on cassettes, though. (as you can see).
So into the bin for the pictured cassette, different wheel for this mornings short burst and back on the hunt for a new cassette. The XT/XTR 12 speeds have been a bit hard to find. I have been looking at the Garbaruk cassettes, so maybe I will give that a whirl. Thanks!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Thank for all your comments. I am pretty good about the chains. I have only used XO1 chains for a few years now as they have great durability (assuming you look after them). I change them on the same schedule @ozzybmx uses.
A bit slack on cassettes, though. (as you can see).
So into the bin for the pictured cassette, different wheel for this mornings short burst and back on the hunt for a new cassette. The XT/XTR 12 speeds have been a bit hard to find. I have been looking at the Garbaruk cassettes, so maybe I will give that a whirl. Thanks!
I’ve got a new xt 10-45 if any good. Flick me a message if interested