The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

Why is George Washington acceptable to Americans and not wiped out of history like other historical people are being.
Let's face it, putting the figure of a slave owner/torturer and murderer of indigenous Americans all around the USA is pretty distasteful.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why is George Washington acceptable to Americans and not wiped out of history like other historical people are being.
Let's face it, putting the figure of a slave owner/torturer and murderer of indigenous Americans all around the USA is pretty distasteful.
That pretty much goes for all those founding fathers of theirs.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They hate sakura.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Very strange people, Will Smith slaps a black man and the world hates him, Washington murders and tortures and he gets a pass. Seems he was as bad as confederate leaders
There's the old adage of "different times".

Will Smith slapped a man when violence against anyone is considdered abhorrent..

George Washington owned slaves at a time when slave ownership was par for the course. He also had an attitude change during his life and as a result of those changes freed hundreds of slaves owned by him.

Everyone loves a redemption story.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Happy new year folks. I picked up a hard rubbish special 26 hardtail for good measure!

Nothing on it works except the wheels so I'm going to put some old parts on it, but the frame is ok, just faded paintwork. Whats the best way to restore faded red paint? I'm thinkng a very fine buff and then maybe a coat of leftover clear from spray bike i got left over?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Happy new year folks. I picked up a hard rubbish special 26 hardtail for good measure!

Nothing on it works except the wheels so I'm going to put some old parts on it, but the frame is ok, just faded paintwork. Whats the best way to restore faded red paint? I'm thinking a very fine buff and then maybe a coat of leftover clear from spray bike i got left over?
Red paint seems to fade more than other colours, IMO. bit of a PITA.
I would say strip the farker and put a nice metalflake paintjob on it, depending on your level of interest...

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Which fireworks x-ray should I aim for?
I've got a mate who's left hand looks very similar to the middle left x-ray. He was just a kid, lit a firecracker and forgot to let go. Goodbye thumb and half the forefinger and the top of the middle finger too.

Good call. I went for 2 on the left, and 9 on the right. Happy New Year.
You might need one of these:

Even Aliexpress has you covered:

ausdb

Being who he is

Nothing on it works except the wheels so I'm going to put some old parts on it, but the frame is ok, just faded paintwork. Whats the best way to restore faded red paint? I'm thinkng a very fine buff and then maybe a coat of leftover clear from spray bike i got left over?
You could try cut and polish to see how much colour is left but clear over faded paint is just going to result in shiny looking faded red paint.
My kids got a set of preloved funky monkey bars for christmas that are red and sliver, compared to a friends set that are purple and silver and the same age the sun has not been kind to the red powdercoat as the upper sides are quite faded already.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You could try cut and polish to see how much colour is left but clear over faded paint is just going to result in shiny looking faded red paint.
Tried this and brings back some of the colour, you can still tell it's faded, bu not as noticable as before.

Also managed to take the bars off that are 800g!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not the pink Barina syndrome.

Ironic that the 3 Aussie branded cars faded and looked fucked in the Aussie sun before any others, Holdens, Fords and Mitsi.

Worst paint jobs ever, painted in Aus by Aussies.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Does anyone have any experience with GPS trackers on bikes?

I bought a bike -second hand- for Mr12 and everytime I move it a few metres in the garage after sitting for a few hours it gives off 3 really faint low emission beeps two or three times, nothing in the seat tube that I can see and I'm afraid of touching the farkin stupid headset/stem combo as the noise seems to come from the rear end ...my paranoia is going through the roof here.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Does anyone have any experience with GPS trackers on bikes?

I bought a bike -second hand- for Mr12 and everytime I move it a few metres in the garage after sitting for a few hours it gives off 3 really faint low emission beeps two or three times, nothing in the seat tube that I can see and I'm afraid of touching the farkin stupid headset/stem combo as the noise seems to come from the rear end ...my paranoia is going through the roof here.