The QUICK question thread.....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Does anyone know how to stop valve cores from clogging?
Also, can they be easily cleaned? ( I remember a @moorey thread that ended in pain and frustration?)
Good, cheap, local source of bulk spares?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
New valve cores cost a few cents... If a lbs charges you more than $1 they are mugs...
Should be able to find them pretty cheap online in bulk.

moorey

call me Mia
Does anyone know how to stop valve cores from clogging?
Also, can they be easily cleaned? ( I remember a @moorey thread that ended in pain and frustration?)
Good, cheap, local source of bulk spares?
They can. It’s painful. Never gets them fully clean at least in my experience.
To stop clogging? Use standard stans rather than race (or other brands)….but I refuse. Race does seal up better IMHO.
Don’t leave bike with valve at 6 o’clock maybe?
They don’t clog often. I buy cheap off Ali/eBay in bulk and just replace if needed.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Point 3. And add and remove air with the valve is at 12 of the clock. I have been able to get the crap out properly either. 15MPa is not enough.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
New valve cores cost a few cents... If a lbs charges you more than $1 they are mugs...
Should be able to find them pretty cheap online in bulk.
Unfortunately, they aren't.
Online prices are stupid...

bear the bear

Is a real bear
They can. It’s painful. Never gets them fully clean at least in my experience.
To stop clogging? Use standard stans rather than race (or other brands)….but I refuse. Race does seal up better IMHO.
Don’t leave bike with valve at 6 o’clock maybe?
They don’t clog often. I buy cheap off Ali/eBay in bulk and just replace if needed.
linky? repeat buyer?
Both my regular commuting wheels, the wife's wheels (gravel bike) and others just clog after a time. Without any pressure release (only top-ups)

moorey

call me Mia
Jebus.
I just looked at my usual sellers. Were usually $3-4 tops for 10. Now all $15-20. Bastards.
@bear the bear, I’ll have another look. That was eBay. Ali probably the same.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
That is pretty silly. I added these to a cart to bring it up to free shipping recently if you can't wait for the aliexpress lottery:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheaper to buy 10 26" presta tubes...