The QUICK question thread.....

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Looking for bike storage options for the garage. Needs to be an efficient use of space for 4-5 bikes. It's a double garage (1 car, 1 motorbike regularly housed). Seen heaps online but dont know which hype to believe. Anyone have any opinions on their prefered options?

scblack

Leucocholic
Looking for bike storage options for the garage. Needs to be an efficient use of space for 4-5 bikes. It's a double garage (1 car, 1 motorbike regularly housed). Seen heaps online but dont know which hype to believe. Anyone have any opinions on their prefered options?
Here's mine, can easily hold six bikes. It is racking from Bunnings, with a 4*2 bolted into the top with bike hooks to hang bikes. Then a board on top adds good storage space. Costs about $200-300. My garage is same as yours - double with a single car (Amarok), with this storage and other racks on one side, and fridges plus other storage on the other side.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Here's mine, can easily hold six bikes. It is racking from Bunnings, with a 4*2 bolted into the top with bike hooks to hang bikes. Then a board on top adds good storage space. Costs about $200-300. My garage is same as yours - double with a single car (Amarok), with this storage and other racks on one side, and fridges plus other storage on the other side.
View attachment 388910
That's a great idea

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
View attachment 388910
My setup is similar, although I used this style bike hook.

Only issue is the hook on mine fold flat, so I just tacked them with the welder in a suitable position. Mounted to some particle board on the wall.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
35mm stanchion coil forks (helm, selva etc). Who has one? And do they have a spare coil they could measure up for me?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
cheap (and bike safe) alternatives to branded drivetrain cleaners/degreasers?

Understand people use shit like kerosene etc, but looking for something thats a bit milder, doesnt cost 30 bucks a bottle and can be sprayed/applied close to or on other bike parts (by overspray , onto thinks like carbon etc).

prior to this been using muc-off and Krush, with Krush being my prefered option where avilable.

moorey

call me Mia

Understand people use shit like kerosene etc, but looking for something thats a bit milder, doesnt cost 30 bucks a bottle and can be sprayed/applied close to or on other bike parts (by overspray , onto thinks like carbon etc).

prior to this been using muc-off and Krush, with Krush being my prefered option where avilable.
I just use a really stiff brush and dishwashing liquid these days.

Flow-Rider

Burner

CT 18 is usually good, but dilute it to the right amount.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

I just wipe down well after applying RnR Blue. The nature of the lube means that the crud migrates out when the fresh carrier fluid hits the chain. Then use screwdriver to scrape dried crud off jockey wheels etc.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I just wipe down well after applying RnR Blue. The nature of the lube means that the crud migrates out when the fresh carrier fluid hits the chain. Then use screwdriver to scrape dried crud off jockey wheels etc.

Yeah nah lol

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Morning fresh...oh wait, you unbranded?

moorey

call me Mia

I do the same mostly, but about once a month give the chain, cassette, derailleur and ring the full super soapy scrub. Always the RnR between these times.

moorey

call me Mia
I was wondering it this would be enough. Will give it a burl
It is, but I usually do 2x. First time the soap removes most of the grime, but you lose your suds. Second time around for proper scrub brings it all up minty. I use a squirt of straight liquid on the brush, not just soapy water for the train.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It is, but I usually do 2x. First time the soap removes most of the grime, but you lose your suds. Second time around for proper scrub brings it all up minty. I use a squirt of straight liquid on the brush, not just soapy water for the train.
yep figured this would be the way.