The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Nah, Slicko is good for anything where you don't want the stickiness of some other greases. I use it in hubs such as DT & Novetec, among others, which have a close-fitting seal between the freewheel body and hub shell, where you want to minimise drag. It's also good for pawls, where other greases can stick them down and stop them engaging properly.
TIL!

Scotty675

Cable thief
If I ran a 36t oval chainring is there a bash guard available?
Ive never run an oval chainring so unsure how much the OD grows. Bash guards seem to be 34-36t. Even the absolute black seems to max at 34t

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Can confirm you will need a larger guard. I just swapped a 34T round with an oval on the Waltly, and had to adjust the bash guard and chain guide to suit.

moorey

call me Mia
If I ran a 36t oval chainring is there a bash guard available?
Ive never run an oval chainring so unsure how much the OD grows. Bash guards seem to be 34-36t. Even the absolute black seems to max at 34t
Why 36? If it’s higher gearing you seek, can you swap cassettes?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Locked into microspline so stuck with 10t. I normally run 10-45 but for this one cause I’ll do big days on it I went for the 10-51.
Ive got a bike running a 36 with 11-52 and it works.
I may just go a 34, but was tempted to try an oval

moorey

call me Mia
Locked into microspline so stuck with 10t. I normally run 10-45 but for this one cause I’ll do big days on it I went for the 10-51.
Ive got a bike running a 36 with 11-52 and it works.
I may just go a 34, but was tempted to try an oval
Cool cool. Pity not XD to go 9t.