The Photo Snob Thread

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, not to sure about the rules in this thread about selling. so feel free to remove this mods.

Is anyone interested in a Canon EF 28-105mm 3.5-4.5 II USM.... either shoot me an offer or i would also be interested in a trade for a nikon lense. 50mm or 35mm?

sorry about the crappy pictures.

lense is in great condition and comes with front and rear caps, suited lens hood and UV filter.

Last edited:

Jervis

Likes Dirt
"Apprehensive" from Streets Alive 2010 Paste Up - photo's of emotion.

This exhibition involves photo's of people showing various emotions. the photo's will be printed in A0 size sheets and pasted up on to the large walls of Launceston's Royal Park.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
IT looks too edited to me...

Agreed, sorry iStu but looking at the scene makes me feel like my eyes are being scratched out. Too much contrast and sharpening? or tonemapping?

Is it possible to see the original?

Nice shot Jervis! i'm a fan.

Last edited:

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Better cloud cover.. Instead of that low horizon cloud stuff. wait for say the more higher scattered cloud. that should do wonders for that sort of view. Photo still looks good.
Excellent silhouette of the city...I quite like the way the low lying clouds offer a "shadow" of the city outline.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Never shot anything like this before, thought these turned out alright:

Second one still needs final touch up, but overall, pretty stoked for a first effort.

Edit: Touch up and different font:

Last edited:

iStu

Likes Dirt
Agreed, sorry iStu but looking at the scene makes me feel like my eyes are being scratched out. Too much contrast and sharpening? or tonemapping?

Is it possible to see the original?
Cheers for that Unlearn, I'd say a bit too much tone mapping - got carried away.
As for the original.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Excellent silhouette of the city...I quite like the way the low lying clouds offer a "shadow" of the city outline.
I think this shot is great man, i could definatly see this being sold in a large print!

Never shot anything like this before, thought these turned out alright:

Second one still needs final touch up, but overall, pretty stoked for a first effort.

Edit: Touch up and different font:
Sam, excellent use of a white wall (i wish i had a blank white wall in my house...), but if you want a bit of CC, on the first, loose the vignette, it just makes the lower half of his body/hands etc look less than appealing, alter your backgrounds colour by moving your subject away or towards it rather than what I find to be 'less than appealing P.S vignette'. Some of the skin tones also look a little red, however, i think you did really well in the 2nd edit, it looks so much better and I think you did really well with that. 2nd one looks like you could use it as like a promotional card or something, well done.

Cheers for that Unlearn, I'd say a bit too much tone mapping - got carried away.
As for the original.
Man, original looks so much better! In saying that, it's good you went and tried something completely different and crazy, sure it didn't work, but shouldn't put you off trying new stuff in Photoshop, trial and error is they key, just take it lightly and learn from it.

Cool natural light candid. Shots like this really can't be said much about as it's just a candid/snapshot, but it looks good.

Callan, i strive my whole life to gain your acceptance, and you just blow me off like some kind of hussy and go scrambling to your other little hoes, i hate you! *cries and runs*

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Yeah, i became a man with a dog yesterday and purchased a 550d.

I've only played with it round the house as it was dark when i got home and raining today. Can't wait to start taking some photo's, interested in taking Landscapes alot. I think my first goal besides learning my new camera is starting to learn how to shoot and process HDR images.

pointless post but im amped i cant help it!

iStu

Likes Dirt
Man, original looks so much better! In saying that, it's good you went and tried something completely different and crazy, sure it didn't work, but shouldn't put you off trying new stuff in Photoshop, trial and error is they key, just take it lightly and learn from it.
Cheers Drew. that was where it was at - trying to accomplish something different, yet to edit something crazy that I agree with :p

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Hey. Some photos from a rainy day, turned out not to bad.
Can some one just give me some tips on some of my mistakes.
Thanks

Last edited: