The Photo Snob Thread

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Wow Tupper. Perfect exposure. But would have liked the focus to be a bit closer?

Drew I really like the first as well, but I think the rail - hop one on your flickr is your best (i can't remember you posting it on here?)

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Tupper - it's so good to see a landscape shot with a narrow DOF that works, a lot of people are obsessed with creating massive DOF's with their landscape shots. Great work thinking outside the square mate!

.:Alan:.

Likes Dirt
Nice! What'd you get yourself? Lets go take long exposures...
got a 190x prob and 804rc2 head, tis like a million billion times better than my last tripod . . . if you remember that thing haha.

Also got my nikonos working so time for underwater film wooo

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
How does he get that 'look' to all his images, they just look amazing. Are they all photo shopped?? or is that them off the camera?
someone tell.
There's an element of Photoshop, but definitely a majority of it would be to do with the way he lights his shots. Which reminds me of a great saying that has to do with photography:

"Beginners worry about cost, amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about light"

Drew.

Eats Squid
Devo. How come you've decided to go the cheaper options over the 35L? Money? Or did my post/our chat have some impact..
Our chat had an impact, but i was pondering about it prior to that. I might still get the 35L yet, I plan to use Leitchs' first.

Drew I really like the first as well, but I think the rail - hop one on your flickr is your best (i can't remember you posting it on here?)
Hmm. I dont think i have... so here it is.

How does he get that 'look' to all his images, they just look amazing. Are they all photo shopped?? or is that them off the camera?
someone tell.
My bet is primarily on lighting; i have no idea how he'd locate some of his lights; almost looks like he'd have to clone them out or something; but i'd say it's a combo of high end flash's (quantum, etc), talent, and a bit of PP.

Also, I do shoot things other than BMX, sometimes; saw this door outside of DD photographics when i went there yesterday, seemed interesting.

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Hmm. I dont think i have... so here it is.
Rad! I like it. Probably the photo best lit i've seen from you yet. Perfectly exposed with the flashes, whereas you sometimes seem to go a little too hot with them. I love how there's an even exposure all the way across the image, from foreground to background. Nicely done!

Drew.

Eats Squid
Rad! I like it. Probably the photo best lit i've seen from you yet. Perfectly exposed with the flashes, whereas you sometimes seem to go a little too hot with them. I love how there's an even exposure all the way across the image, from foreground to background. Nicely done!
Thanks Tristan!
I notice that a lot too, especially when looking back at photos; i think i'll try using diffusers to stop the harshness of the light now.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Thanks Tristan!
I notice that a lot too, especially when looking back at photos; i think i'll try using diffusers to stop the harshness of the light now.
Na, screw diffusers...just turn the power down. Remember, if you're shooting in a dark scene (like the one in that shot, or a majority of the late arvo skatepark photos you've been taking lately), it doesn't matter how low you go on power with the flashes, as long as they reach the rider the action will be stopped. But yeah, just keep an eye on it in the future if you remember, 'cos that shot is bangin'!

little man

Likes Dirt
Put my 40D and stuff up on ebay. Contemplating selling/trading my Tokina fisheye to get a Sigma 10-20.

Also, if anyone would consider selling a Canon 18-55 kit lens, i'd be quite happy to take that off their hands.

EDIT:
Eh, may as well lighten my post up with a few recent pics.

Last edited: