The Photo Snob Thread

little man

Likes Dirt
A quick question.
A family member is offering to buy me a 7D from BH Photo video whilst she is in New York. I would be saving alot (ends up about $2200 with a 16gb card, genuine battery, including USD>AUD conversion and 8.875% State Tax) However, I was wondering if Canon would still honour the warranty. Also would I be able to use the supplied charger?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
A quick question.
A family member is offering to buy me a 7D from BH Photo video whilst she is in New York. I would be saving alot (ends up about $2200 with a 16gb card, genuine battery, including USD>AUD conversion and 8.875% State Tax) However, I was wondering if Canon would still honour the warranty. Also would I be able to use the supplied charger?
Canon Australia probably wouldn't touch it, but you'd still have the international warranty.

As for the charger, I'm sure you could get adapters or just buy a different cable, its just generic isn't it?

tu plang

knob
Canon Australia probably wouldn't touch it, but you'd still have the international warranty.

As for the charger, I'm sure you could get adapters or just buy a different cable, its just generic isn't it?
Hmmm I dono... I think we all get caught up in the whole bike world of warranties. Canon is a big enough to offer legitimate world wide warranties. I'd be pretty surprised if they discriminated.

little man

Likes Dirt
Well, new Australian chargers are only $65 anyway, so i'm not worried about that anymore.
As for warranty, i'm inclined to think they wouldn't be as generous with support, but they wouldn't reject me all-together.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
As for warranty, i'm inclined to think they wouldn't be as generous with support, but they wouldn't reject me all-together.
From my experience with Canon warranty support they'll help out anyone with a Canon product. I took my 5-year-old Canon video camera in to their repair place in the city because it wasn't working and they fixed it within a week, for nothing, no questions asked. They had no idea where i'd bought it from or how long i'd had it...they just fixed it. My hat is off to Canon for that.

I'd say go for it, by the way. The 7D is an awesome camera, and it's unlikely you'll have warranty issues.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I'm pretty sure the warranty guff I got with my camera mentions that only lenses and SLR bodies are covered by Canon internationally, and even then it may only be higher end lenses, L only maybe?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it excluded DSLR bodies.

MrSafety

Likes Dirt
I have noticed that the auto focus on my camera has been somewhat off. it's not motion blur i don't think, and often it's not the background that the camera has chosen to focus on, it's just focused on random things (not subject or background). Should i be looking at a new lens, or body + lens. At the moment I'm using a 400d with the kit 18-35. I won't be getting any thing for a while, just want to know if who's fault it is (mine or the camera) :rolleyes:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have noticed that the auto focus on my camera has been somewhat off. it's not motion blur i don't think, and often it's not the background that the camera has chosen to focus on, it's just focused on random things (not subject or background). Should i be looking at a new lens, or body + lens. At the moment I'm using a 400d with the kit 18-35. I won't be getting any thing for a while, just want to know if who's fault it is (mine or the camera) :rolleyes:
Have you got the IS on? you might just be a shakey handed type fella. Otherwise point it at something mildly close with nothing else really near, let it focus on the closer thing, whack it on the computer, if it looks all good, you might just be shakey, if it doesn't i'm not sure where to look next really.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
It could be back-focussing or front-focussing. Send the lens in for a calibration i'd say...they'll fix something.

met0001

Likes Bikes
hey guys i haven't posted for ages, so i thought i post up something from the other night with all the lighting happening lately anyways hear it is.

not sure how you guys like the dragon and wolf in their, but the photo i thought need a bit more pop :p

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
b
not sure how you guys like the dragon and wolf in their, but the photo i thought need a bit more pop :p
I really dig this...I thought the dragon/wolf were just interesting rain patterns. Possibly a little to much black to the right there...a crop and a possible shift of the moon would correct this maybe?

Arete

Likes Dirt
Another work trip, more attempts at wildlife photography.
All shot with a D40, using a Nikkor 55-200 4.5.
All except the first have been cropped and that's the extent of PP.
C&C always welcome, I'm a mega punter at this stuff and have too many missed shots on my camera.

1)Tiliqua rugosa
2)Ctenophorous pictus female
3)Ctenophorous pictus male
4)Pogona barbata.

MrSafety

Likes Dirt
Have you got the IS on? you might just be a shakey handed type fella. Otherwise point it at something mildly close with nothing else really near, let it focus on the closer thing, whack it on the computer, if it looks all good, you might just be shakey, if it doesn't i'm not sure where to look next really.
I might not have been specific enough, it's 100% fine when I'm taking photo's of immobile stuff. It's when it's a moving subject (like a riding/kayaking photo). Also, my lens doesn't have IS as far as i know...