The Photo Snob Thread

Drew.

Eats Squid
Ok; 40D body + Grip and 2 batteries=$800. add the 24mm f2.8 to that for $1100. 24mm and 24-85mm f3.5 $1250.

Need to sell guys, PM me.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Haven't taken pics for ages and this isn't much exception. Just got back from NZ... without my SLR. Such a shame, such a picturesque country, but I would have been paying for excess baggage so had to leave her behind.

Few from the compact around Queenstown.

Definitely deep in that 'Dammit, I suck' hole.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Definitely deep in that 'Dammit, I suck' hole.
Yeah since the photos you just posted were so atrocious... :p

Incredible mate. Especially Number 3. The vibrance in the water and the detail retained in the lower slopes of that mountain - love it!

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Yeah, you suck big time!!!;)
Especially because he only had a compact. What a novice!

On a different note, if you've got a spare 10 minutes check out this video:

An iPhone fashion shoot. What he lacks in camera expenses, he makes up for in lighting expenses! Pretty cool to watch though...

[video=youtube;TOoGjtSy7xY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOoGjtSy7xY&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Did you take that Sam? That's like, front page newspaper quality and shit.

Perfect subject isolation, colour, exposure..etc

Love that iPhone Fashion Shoot video.

As for the photo, I'm pretty sure he didn't take it. It is from an earlier link to some TDF photos. He could have, I don't really know, but I'm fairly sure he didn't.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla

Ha! He wishes! It was taken from THIS link. Amazing shots on there. (Sorry to call you out on it Sam...haha).

What i'm interested to know is what lens was used for the shot. I'm guessing it was a 300 2.8 @ 2.8 on a FF camera. Anyone else have a guess?

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Haha, I honestly wasn't all that happy with them, thanks for the comments though. This little camera definitely did hold its own.

Panasonic LumixDMC-ZR1 (I think that's the American model). As far as point and shoots go I couldn't be happier.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Hey,
I have gone into more research and I have come up with this, Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Digital Camera, is it an alright camera, they are selling them for $500 at harvey norman.
and has any one had experience with them?

cheers

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Incredible photography there.

Look at the side of the motorbike. Just wow.
Yeah, as of yesterday when I first looked at that link, i've officially added 'Going to Europe to shoot the whole of the Tour De France' to my list of things to do before I get old and grey and married and have kids. When I was there in 2008 I got to shoot two days (Alpe D'Huez and the Champs Elysees) with Leitch, and that was rad, but I didn't know enough about the race or the riders. After this years tour, i'm a mega-fan.

Such an amazing event.

Last edited: