The Photo Snob Thread

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Ahh, it was done by a MUA, and its for her portfolio, so its pretty full-on.
**snip**
Fair enough, just doesn't match her outfit. Personally I would have either dressed her up or toned down the make up. As a head shot (The last one posted) it would have looked fine.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
Callan the young girl in the white top is the best presented. very natural looking, while the other 3 seem to have the panda eyes & sloth look only going for them.

Sorry to be so blunt about it, you have taken so many sweet shots, but this is certainly not up to your normal standards.

whatever the look the girls were wanting to portray from this shoot just hasn't worked.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Callan, tell the blonde in the black shirt to tone down the make up, it looks trashy in that setting.
that would look trashy in any setting

didnt say this on face book but the two on the ends look really forced/fake.

and not 100% sure about the green bike picture (on facebook) its annoying me :S

Last edited:

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
and not 100% sure about the green bike picture (on facebook) its annoying me :S
yeah, picture is pretty rubbish, just about straight off camera too. i just got excited because its so intense! haha

Callan the young girl in the white top is the best presented. very natural looking, while the other 3 seem to have the panda eyes & sloth look only going for them.

Sorry to be so blunt about it, you have taken so many sweet shots, but this is certainly not up to your normal standards.

whatever the look the girls were wanting to portray from this shoot just hasn't worked.
Yep, that shot of the girls is just a group shot for them, pretty well straight off camera.

I didn't direct any of the make up application, I'm just doing the MUA (the girl in the white) a favour and doing some portfolio work for her.

Another shot...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Dont like the over shoulder looking at the camera look with that massive lot of eye shadow.. Makes it look weird.... Girl is hawt though

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Dont like the over shoulder looking at the camera look with that massive lot of eye shadow.. Makes it look weird.... Girl is hawt though
Yeah, man. The make up on her and the blonde was totally not flattering at all! Just about all the shots of this brunette girl made her eyes look really sleepy, was hard to shoot...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Yeah, man. The make up on her and the blonde was totally not flattering at all! Just about all the shots of this brunette girl made her eyes look really sleepy, was hard to shoot...
Yeah, thats what i was thinking... Oh well, as for the 'shots', they are sik and lighting is good as! But the models aren't really working much.......

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
Yeah that's fine bud, even if you wanted to say something to them regarding their application of make up for the photo, I'm sure they would've torn your balls off & shoved them down you throat.:)
Either way you can't tell them what to do, just nod your head & agree with it all.;)

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Yeah that's fine bud, even if you wanted to say something to them regarding their application of make up for the photo, I'm sure they would've torn your balls off & shoved them down you throat.:)
Either way you can't tell them what to do, just nod your head & agree with it all.;)
I was a little distracted by things other than their make up.. :p

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.

Another...

Can I just say, I think people are being far too critical in this thread, I was just bragging about hanging out with hot girls for the arvo! :p

I do appreciate people's honesty though! I'm always keen to improve.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Can I just say, I think people are being far too critical in this thread, I was just bragging about hanging out with hot girls for the arvo! :p

I do appreciate people's honesty though! I'm always keen to improve.
I don't think so. You've shot way better portraits before, with way more interesting/unique lighting and non-weird looking people. These, you seem a little nervous as a photographer - the lighting is uninteresting, the models' poses don't really work (that's as much the photographers fault as the model), and generally they're just more amateur than we've all come to expect from you.

Fair enough, I can imagine you were distracted, but imagine what's going to happen when the girls you're shooting aren't caked in poorly-applied makeup and begin to get nakies...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I don't think so. You've shot way better portraits before, with way more interesting/unique lighting and non-weird looking people. These, you seem a little nervous as a photographer - the lighting is uninteresting, the models' poses don't really work (that's as much the photographers fault as the model), and generally they're just more amateur than we've all come to expect from you.

Fair enough, I can imagine you were distracted, but imagine what's going to happen when the girls you're shooting aren't caked in poorly-applied makeup and begin to get nakies...
Agreed!
I always thought that the photog had control in a photoshoot, not the MUA. Even if you are working for them. It's your name on the photo in the end.
I say, shoot the girls again, this time do YOUR thing! Then we'll see the Callan photos we're use to!

Give the MUA some feed back, what she is doing isn't working very well.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Alright. Enough with the critiquing....I think it's time for some Photo Tax. You all know who you are, so get onto it!

Until then, silence is the new language.