The Photo Snob Thread

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Who donated the D3+70-200 combo? That'll be wicked.
Long story. Essentially the owner of the said camera was asked if he could shoot at this wedding (the alternative, an uncle with a P&S). The location was some distance away so he sent me with my stuff and his to shoot. He ended up comming anyways so we literally just teamed it using my camera+70-200 for long stuff as the DX format gives it just that little bit extra reach), and the D3 on the wider stuff (neither of us have ever done anything like this so, in every sense of the phrase, we were 'spraying and praying' :p)

Rain prevented us from doing a proper scope of the site on Friday so we were a little behind the 8-ball on Saturday. Infact, it was so rushed that we never even got time to change into our formal attire and spent the afternoon/evening in tees and shorts! Rain and the fact that the wedding was so late in the afternoon made things rather difficult, as were a stubborn bridal party but regardless of the fact, we just snapped away! (They weren't the most photographic lot...)

We did however manage enough time to get some really ace macro stuff of the bride's accessories; the 60mm macro saved our necks!

Also had a Schneider medium format set up too but the weather didn't allow us to show off that beast.

All in all, despite the stress, it was great fun!

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Ango,
looked at the first photo of the wedding on your flickr and looks ace!
keen to see what you came up with,
of course only if you are going to post them up.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Ango,
looked at the first photo of the wedding on your flickr and looks ace!
keen to see what you came up with,
of course only if you are going to post them up.
Cheers man!

I've only got 3 of the 6 memory cards we used so there is a truck load of images to get though. I'll be happy if we can get say, 30 images to present to the newly weds for their photoalbum.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Went to Sydney Camera Market today. wasn't there long, and didn't buy anything due to limited funds, but it was interesting for a wander around. really need to get B&W developing gear.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Just one from my flight back to Aus.

Would of loved to have a cpl on me to try cut out some of the reflection from taking it through a window. Ah well.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Callan, tell the blonde in the black shirt to tone down the make up, it looks trashy in that setting.

Last edited: