The Photo Snob Thread

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have photoshop, Ctrl+alt+i opens the image size tab. In there you can change the dimensions and the amount of pixels per inch. Give that a go.
Thank you :) ...Woah, 815mb download, thats going to have to wait, im almost capped. Could a kind person give it a quick go for me just so i can see the results? The photo is farely small it seems, and it could probably do with a little bit of editing (yep, and i know how to edit! *cough*).

:confused:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
~snip~

torquay VIC
Thats awesome as! Me Likey

*edit* Eh I got last post, so I'll just add to it, these ones are real Leitch ;) haha

Annnd last what happens when you forget your tripod and do what you can with what you have for a 160sec exposure.

Last edited:

alexx23

Likes Dirt
thanks leitch, we did realise that at the time, but didnt have a screwdriver, would have look way cooler ay..

another, but not convinced on compersition :

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Sorry but here i am agian, This ones background would have been cool if that blue continued behind her, taken at f.1.8, i dont normaly open up my nifty fifty much, but kinda like the effect.

straight from my 1000d.

tre0001

Likes Dirt
thanks for the comments :)
bit of background the shot was taken for and got featured in REVUH's 2012 artpack release which is an artgroup with some amazing digital illustrations and some more photography from me if you want to check it out :)
http://www.revuh.nl/revartgroup/release/4/

alexx23 really like shot of the rim its simple and clean. all your shots have such good quality. are you using a Prime lens?

alexx23

Likes Dirt
thanks dude, the the top two were taken on my 1000d with a 18-55 kit lens, and the wheel one and the girl were taken on a 50mm 1.8, so yeah, they do there job well, the 50mm 1.8 is amazing for the price.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Sorry but here i am agian, This ones background would have been cool if that blue continued behind her, taken at f.1.8, i dont normaly open up my nifty fifty much, but kinda like the effect.

straight from my 1000d.

bit of skin cleaning, contrast, dodging/burning, could be really nice (Y)

alexx23

Likes Dirt
hmmm , yeah, but i dont have the skill, nor the software for that shizz, all my photos have no editing really, but will get around to getting some sort of Ps/lightroom soon!

anyone can have a play with the picture if they like, but not the girl, she is mine :p

Edit: oh and thanks :)

Last edited:

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
hmmm , yeah, but i dont have the skill, nor the software for that shizz, all my photos have no editing really, but will get around to getting some sort of Ps/lightroom soon!

anyone can have a play with the picture if they like, but not the girl, she is mine :p

Edit: oh and thanks :)
can i have a bigger one to try?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.

Just a quick edit, get photoshop!

hmm, probs took out too much skin detail, but wut evaaaaaaa

Last edited:

stp0 rider

Likes Bikes
Lens

Looking for an all purpose walkaround lens( Canon 50D), budget is around 650 max

Have been thinking of either the 17-85 F/4-5.6, 18-135 F/3.5-5.6 or the 28-135 F/3.5-5.6
Does anyone have any of these lenses or could they shed some light on them please

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Took cameras down to North Avalon rocks this arvo with some friends. shot a bit of film, and a few on Digi. Put digi's up on Flickr. Trying different editing techniques. I think I might have lost some clarity on Flickr?