The Photo Snob Thread

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wazza the surfing shots look sweet :). The guy falling off in the background is awesome :p.

So I was digging around in the garden, removing a tree and what do I find in the root system, some of these critters, did I run to kill them, no, I ran to get the camera, much to my mothers annoyance, they didn't run off so meh.

Attachments

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Wazza the surfing shots look sweet :). The guy falling off in the background is awesome :p.

So I was digging around in the garden, removing a tree and what do I find in the root system, some of these critters, did I run to kill them, no, I ran to get the camera, much to my mothers annoyance, they didn't run off so meh.
**snip**
Geez Jase, I hope you protected you mum on the way to ring the Pest Control.:D

Drew.

Eats Squid
Also, this is the photo of Tom I posted a couple days back; i took into consideration peoples input and did a bit of a touch up.

Before:

After:

wazza2282

Likes Dirt

Thnks man.

Liking the red back. Although i would have liked his face (eyes, whatever they have) more into focus. And thats a big red back.

Last edited:

bhooper

Barfarker
2 shots it took down on the South Coast at my Uncles farm in Narooma.

450D 1/80 f/7.1 ISO 200

450D 1/80 f/5.6 ISO 200

Thoughts?

-Ben

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
Karnige definatly the second pic. I like how the city looks in the background and the sky. How much processing goes into your images, they all seem to be on the border line HDR? or is it just me.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Karnige definatly the second pic. I like how the city looks in the background and the sky. How much processing goes into your images, they all seem to be on the border line HDR? or is it just me.
Lol its not just you, 95% of them are HDR :p, this of course means that a good half of the population don't like them, but I do, and predominantly its me who sees my shots the most, so I'm just going continue doing what I like to see :). How much processing, ahh, to be honest it varies, some pictures come out a treat, the Reykjavik town pic is an example, there was pretty much none after it came form Photomatix, where as some need a load. Many say well you spend all that time processing a HDR just process the normal shot, surely you can get a good result in the same amount of time, its probably true, but something about HDR draws me in, I don't know exactly what but it floats my boat (if done right, as is with mos things). Every now and then I will process a standard shot, because not every shot needs to be HDR, I know that :p. To answer the question, I think on average excluding the odd couple processing probably takes all of 20mins. The longest I've sat and processed an image is about 5hrs, any longer and I start to throw stuff around, I just get aggravated :p

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
Sorry if you guys are getting over the birds, but it's all i have really been able to test the new camera with.

But tell me what you think about this one.
I know i missed a tiny bit of the wing, but this was a split second shot and wasnt expecting it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
Lol its not just you, 95% of them are HDR :p, this of course means that a good half of the population don't like them, but I do, and predominantly its me who sees my shots the most, so I'm just going continue doing what I like to see :). How much processing, ahh, to be honest it varies, some pictures come out a treat, the Reykjavik town pic is an example, there was pretty much none after it came form Photomatix, where as some need a load. Many say well you spend all that time processing a HDR just process the normal shot, surely you can get a good result in the same amount of time, its probably true, but something about HDR draws me in, I don't know exactly what but it floats my boat (if done right, as is with mos things). Every now and then I will process a standard shot, because not every shot needs to be HDR, I know that :p. To answer the question, I think on average excluding the odd couple processing probably takes all of 20mins. The longest I've sat and processed an image is about 5hrs, any longer and I start to throw stuff around, I just get aggravated :p
I don't mind the occasional HDR image, i tried to do it once and failed and never tried again. I'm not all that good at editing so i try and get the shot as best as i can straight from the camera. But your pics always look awesome, show me some none HDR pics :) i want to see what the 450D can do without the editing to the max.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats pretty sick Wazza, wish my camera had as sharp focus as that, I really don't think the wing is overly important, my eyes are drawn to the weird ass head its got haha.

Also I couldn't take it, I had to straighten up the stupid fountain

Wazza, this shot is unedited, besides the crop its straight form the camera.

Attachments

Last edited:

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Sorry if you guys are getting over the birds, but it's all i have really been able to test the new camera with.

But tell me what you think about this one.
I know i missed a tiny bit of the wing, but this was a split second shot and wasnt expecting it.

*snipage*

Thanks.
I like it, but would look much better resized and IMO would look better in B&W.