The Photo Snob Thread

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know I said last page I would shut of for a bit, but I just thought I'd add one last one to show you where my home was for a while. This is Reykjavik, The City Of Greater Reykjavik has 202,000 residents odd and Iceland has 310,000 odd, so out of town its pretty spread out and open, makes for amazing landscapes! I was a bit annoyed that Hallgrímskirkja was being repaired as its an insane building, its built entirely from poured concrete, no bricks or anything, just concrete and rebar, its also Icelands largest church with an amazing view from the top and also from inside. Anyway less talk more pics...

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
I know I said last page I would shut of for a bit, but I just thought I'd add one last one to show you where my home was for a while. This is Reykjavik, The City Of Greater Reykjavik has 202,000 residents odd and Iceland has 310,000 odd, so out of town its pretty spread out and open, makes for amazing landscapes! I was a bit annoyed that Hallgrímskirkja was being repaired as its an insane building, its built entirely from poured concrete, no bricks or anything, just concrete and rebar, its also Icelands largest church with an amazing view from the top and also from inside. Anyway less talk more pics...
*snip*
Thats sick, is it panoramic? and what processing was used?

Sam.

Eats Squid
I like it, Drew. Just one piece of crit, he doesn't really pop too much. Looks like you went overboard with shadow/highlight tool, perhaps a quick dodge will help bring him out more.

Drew.

Eats Squid
That's insane Drew! And so is the guy. No Helmet, no pads, no armour and no suspention!:eek:

The face needs more light, but everything else is fantastic.
Ah man, this is everyday for Tom, the dudes a machine, there's like a stem height hop over the ledge in that photo of him doing the drop. See him crash pretty hard sometimes too.

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Some quick shots from Nationals yesterday.

Thoughts?

Drew, a rim from either side would have made him really pop. Atm he kind of blends into the sky

tangcla

Likes Dirt
Its not :p. Its cropped from a normal shot. Its just HDR, RAW imported into photomatix, tone mapped, exported to PS, edited and saved, all super straight forward editing :)
Very nice HDR. I'm not normally a fan of HDRs, that's because everyone pushes the blending so far that it looks like something from a cartoon. But this one, it's natural, it looks natural enough that it could have been done with a single exposure (and by right it could have been, too, with a bit less detail in the shadows though) but vibrant enough for it to be HDR.

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
So i took the 7D for a few test shots over the weekend. And here is something i havnt seen on this site befor. Ill post a few shots but here is one to start with.

Comments please

and my dog....

all taken with 70-200 and 7D

Last edited:

Drew.

Eats Squid
I like it, Drew. Just one piece of crit, he doesn't really pop too much. Looks like you went overboard with shadow/highlight tool, perhaps a quick dodge will help bring him out more.
Thanks Sam, yeah, i was a bit bummed, I forgot to pack my other cable for my pocket wizard, so didn't have all my lights going, but i'll try bring him out a bit tonight.

Question for TUPPER, in reguards to the Pocket wizard mini TT1 and Flex TT5 setup; i've been looking at upgrading to these, mainly for the high sync speeds, as i find the 1/250 which my plus II's provite not fast enough at times; But i've been reading a lot of internet crit about them (Yes, taken with a pinch of salt, of course), saying that the Canon flashes intefere with them and therefore stunt the performance. I know you use them, have you had problems with them so far?

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Question for TUPPER, in reguards to the Pocket wizard mini TT1 and Flex TT5 setup; i've been looking at upgrading to these, mainly for the high sync speeds, as i find the 1/250 which my plus II's provite not fast enough at times; But i've been reading a lot of internet crit about them (Yes, taken with a pinch of salt, of course), saying that the Canon flashes intefere with them and therefore stunt the performance. I know you use them, have you had problems with them so far?
Although you directed the question at Tupper, I'll add in my experience.

Shooting the other day, I shot the whole time with 580EX's and the new PW's, and didn't have a problem the whole time shooting at whatever shutter speed I wanted. Internet crit, as you said, should be taken with a pinch of salt. Or a tablespoon.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Yeah I remember you saying that, Tristan. What kind of distances where you shooting at?
Pretty far. I was shooting with the 135mm, so I was at least 20 meters (60 feet) or so, which is probably the furthest i've ever shot with remote lighting. But they can pretty much go any distance.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Yeah sweet, that's with 580ex IIs yeah? Haha, internet talkers are whining it won't work at like 200ft; WHO THE FUCK shoots with strobes at 200ft!?

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
A simple request, I'm just after a shit kicker sort of lens, to do star trails and what not (its just to experiment with) but I'd like a lens with focus to infinity on it, and my 3 lenses (2 kit + nifty 50) don't have it, so if any of you have a lens you'd like to part with for not much or know someone who does, could you let me know :). Its for a Canon 450D. If all goes well and I like the way things work i'm looking at buying something like this, should I just go out and buy that one now and forget about just a dodgy lens to play with?