The last movie you've last watched last

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
For the second time (we are going through a Woody Allen revisit):

Our Cate is one of the greats.

Sensational film, that one.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
SBS world movies 2 weeks of gansta films =yuck , a crappy genre.
Much the same, shallow men attracted to the gangster life of whores , power and money.
Fighting in the sandpit with guns.
No redeeming features.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The new Fargo is gangsta but it at least has interesting period sets and pseudo intellectual conversations a la Tarantino.

moorey

call me Mia
Much the same, shallow men attracted to the gangster life of whores , power and money.
No redeeming features.
Gangster film tropes are the worst tropes. If they can avoid it, they can be ok. They usually can’t.
I’ve only seen the original Fargo movie...when did it become about gangsters instead of hillbillies with wood chippers? :oops:

Jpez

Down on the left!
No redeeming features.
Cmon, surely you’ve seen some decent Hong Kong Gangsta flicks. Jon Woo? Before he was bought out by Hollywood his films were brilliant. They are as much about relationships and flawed characters as guns.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
No I'm w Moorey on this one .
An original gangsta flick is OK , the Australian "Animal kingdom" was pretty gritty and good , Tarantino has done some good ones jackie Brown brilliant , Pulp fiction.
No never watch Asian gangsta stuff extra type cast ,closest was the Indonesian" the Raid" recently , I cant suspend belief enough, the choreographed fights .

moorey

call me Mia
Species 2. Spectacular. So bad I’m going to watch it again, and not for the boobs. It’s been a while since a movie made in all sincerity, with a strong cast and big budget, was this spectacularly bad.
I’m both embarrassed I ever loved Giger’s work, and also more in love with him than before.
8 bruised avocados /10

greendream

Likes Bikes
Species 2. Spectacular. So bad I’m going to watch it again, and not for the boobs. It’s been a while since a movie made in all sincerity, with a strong cast and big budget, was this spectacularly bad.
I’m both embarrassed I ever loved Giger’s work, and also more in love with him than before.
8 bruised avocados /10
I'll raise you...

Went to see TENENT over the weekend with my teenage son. Did not like at all. 3/10 black, mush on the inside bananas.

The usual action/conspiracy good guys v bad guys wrapped up in a dodgy interdimensional time travel story. Fark these travel through time & dimensions movies that attempt to take themselves seriously are starting to do my head in. I'm yet to see one where it makes any kind of rational sense. Give me the piss take ones such as Back to the future, The Fly or the Marvel Universe any day... or are they really pisstakes???

moorey

call me Mia
@greendream NFI on marvel shite, but I’m pretty sure Fly and BTTF are self aware and work because they are.
If you want to see a horrifically unaware time travel that tries really hard, and fails hilariously and spectacularly, look up “Assassins 33ad”. Evil Muslims time travel back to kill Jesus. This is not a drill....and the characters end up having to return numerous times, with multiple ‘thems’ in any given time zone. Think Inception, done badly, on a small budget, by crazy Christians with no idea how science works.
I’m selling this short. If you dare watch it, you’ll either worship me or kill me...