The hams plan to ride in japan.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Second social ride of the day in Tokyo was done at night.... And following my mate Brian who has lived in Japan for probably centuries was a blast... Four of us flew down to Odaiba using road, paths, new bridges ( well since I was last here) and stood outside a hospital with all our lights on to show support for a mate..... He stood at his hospital window and shone a red flashing bicycle light back... It's not much ( we can't visit due to his condition and COVID) but we show support.

We rode down to the harbour for a quick beer before heading back to central Tokyo. That ended up being another 90km on a rest day.

Woke up this morning and it's pissing down, so we will stay in Tokyo for one more day. Hitting up the coin laundry with the Kindle and be ready to roll first thing tomorrow.

S

p.s. face hurts due to a little bit of sunburn, and muscles we've not used for smiling for such a long time are getting fatigued. :)

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Sounds awesome mate. Thanks for taking us along with you!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Thanks everyone for the supportive replies, we ain't doing this for the likes or thumbs up or whatever you young people do nowadays.

If one people reads this and thinks, f#ck it.... I'm going to try doing something silly.... Then , our job is done. We will actively encourage stupidity.... Yes, yes we will....

Today we made our day way into the middle of Tokyo to visit the best cycle shop we know ( and yes, the pig was super offended that it is a roadie shop) but we needed new socks ( amazing what a 1000km does to socks.... We've already fooked a few pairs) and then hit up Tokyo Hands for some omiyage for the pigs poor workmates ( imagine working with this kvnt - you too would deserve something) { although, with the meat sack away from work for a month, is that not enough of a present}

Note: the cycle shop has a set of scales so you can check how much the shoes actually weighs.. weight weenies dot com.

We also stopped at Ebisu station to listen to the tune they play, it's the meat sack and his most beautiful wife's wedding song.... Yeah, our wedding song is a Japanese train station tune..

Hella romantic

Oh, and the body parts... A friend since high school has all the cancers, last time in Japan we bought furry googly eye versions of all the organs he had removed as a present.... Was just checking if he needed any more.... ( F@ck cancer)

Any questions? We will be heading north from Tokyo tomorrow, it should be a grand shit fight.....

Go on.... Do it.... Share it with the pig, and everyone here. Y'all so capable....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Does that say 'great as souvenir' on the gun cabinet :p

A few of the gift shops in snow towns I take people have those plastic pellet air guns with a similar "great as a souvenir" sign. Fortunately none of my clients have gone for it yet, I've seen a lot of drunken foolishness in the streets with them and am glad to be more than arms length.

Am I the only person reading this that now imagines that @Spanky_Ham proposed to his beloved outside Ebisu train station while a Japanese band of buskers was performing this tune?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Does that say 'great as souvenir' on the gun cabinet :p
They are very realistic as are plastic replicas. Mostly they won't sell to Aussies (in my experience) because they aren't legal here without a license. Can buy a samurai sword though.

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
A few of the gift shops in snow towns I take people have those plastic pellet air guns with a similar "great as a souvenir" sign. Fortunately none of my clients have gone for it yet, I've seen a lot of drunken foolishness in the streets with them and am glad to be more than arms length.

Am I the only person reading this that now imagines that @Spanky_Ham proposed to his beloved outside Ebisu train station while a Japanese band of buskers was performing this tune?

After we 'got married'( read: we handed over the documents to the city hall on a Sunday, it was Valentine's Day and they were open only for the weddings.... ) New Wifu and I went to watch the dancing Elvis clones near Harajuku.... Yeah, we is all the romantics.

The song is just one we picked, apparently it's a tune from a beer advertisement.... And after several years, we still sing it to each other as we dance around the lounge room.

Oh, and the 'fake guns' they sell get a great reception at customs in Australia... we seen the response...{ Don't do it, the pellet guns sold.in Japan get treated as real ones at customs.

S

P.s. we won't be mountain biking this time, but we have previously done ... A bit,.quite a bit.. not sure how to measure it....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
not sure how to measure it

I want send! I want chair lifts, gravity, send send send! I want a reason to rebuild my 951 and rip skids. The only place I know doing lifted runs is Iwatake in Hakuba and it looks sadly very lame. I mean tame. I'll take a Y suggestions you can throw up, poodle style or otherwise, as I would like to put one of my bikes in a box next spring and check them out. I can think of no other place in the world that would come close for convenience, price, safety/security (bikes are expensive and easy to steal), and (hopefully not needed) medical support when shit goes wrong. Think of all those struggling snow fields reinventing their off season as ride destinations...

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
I want send! I want chair lifts, gravity, send send send! I want a reason to rebuild my 951 and rip skids. The only place I know doing lifted runs is Iwatake in Hakuba and it looks sadly very lame. I mean tame. I'll take a Y suggestions you can throw up, poodle style or otherwise, as I would like to put one of my bikes in a box next spring and check them out. I can think of no other place in the world that would come close for convenience, price, safety/security (bikes are expensive and easy to steal), and (hopefully not needed) medical support when shit goes wrong. Think of all those struggling snow fields reinventing their off season as ride destinations...
When I get back to ostraylia buzz me and I'll hunt through all my MTB adventures in Japan. If my memory serves me correctly, fujimi is the best one ( note we only had a 'trail' bike) but the C course kept us well amused.

S

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Well, the crawl out of Tokyo sucked like a Dyson on speed.... We got all the red lights and at one stage the road and pathways were so narrow we had a really close encounter with a container truck... And we were on the 'footpath'... Did 140 km of bland cycling ( but... It was fun wasn't it?... Yeah, ok... It was good) and ended up at the mouth of the Tone river {Tonegawa} the camp site we wanted was full, so a quick cycle around to find a hotel started. Got a nice hotel for about 90 bucks and will hit up somewhere for food after a long shower..

They have an onsen here, so might go and scare all the locals.....

Anyone got shared in Japanese mind bleach companies.. probably going to skyrocket in an hour or so...

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Just had a wonderful meal with a guy who captained a Japanese ice breaker!!! I think he thought I didn't believe him, then he shared pics with me... Yeah, this guys a farkin legend!!!!

This pig is possibly the most lucky porcined one on the planet....

We shared pictures of our journey and he was amazed.....

Mutual amazement!

Oh, and yes, we are still hella sunburnt...

Now, where is that beer...

S

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Today was just a battle between the fat meat sack, the wind and a mental black spot.

Started well, with a fast 50km... Then it all went pear/pair shaped.... Had to keep stopping and asking random fisher people what river we were on... Kept getting google telling us to go back multiple kms to get back on the same track we were already on...

Pushed 110 odd kms and decided to hit up a container hotel again as there was one within 12 kms of where we were when we checked how to cross a river... That somehow we had already crossed

We think we need to fuel and hydrate better and take more time to enjoy the trip....

Time for a mental check and scrub....

Oh and we probably headbuttes a few dozen crickets, eaten or inhaled multiple bugs and watched a guy fly a model plan that made us want to puke...

Good day?

S

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Today was just a battle between the fat meat sack, the wind and a mental black spot.

Started well, with a fast 50km... Then it all went pear/pair shaped.... Had to keep stopping and asking random fisher people what river we were on... Kept getting google telling us to go back multiple kms to get back on the same track we were already on...

Pushed 110 odd kms and decided to hit up a container hotel again as there was one within 12 kms of where we were when we checked how to cross a river... That somehow we had already crossed

We think we need to fuel and hydrate better and take more time to enjoy the trip....

Oh and we probably headbuttes a few dozen crickets, eaten or inhaled multiple bugs and watched a guy fly a model plan that made us want to puke...

Good day?

S

Easy to get lost on back roads, especially with the weird (to us) house and building numbering. No shame, just wear and tear. A mate's family owns a mountain near Hiroshima airport. Yeah we got lost among the other mountains looking for it.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Good day?

S

Tough day in the office. Hopefully, a good scrub, comfy sleep, and double dose of breakfast sets your GPS to 'accurate'.