The gaming thread

goobags

Likes Dirt
Got my Playstation 5, haven't set it up yet but now know there were ten consoles sold in Coffs Harbour between all the stores that did pre orders. A guy in the store said they were on Ebay for $1,000 straight away. By the time I checked, people are getting bids for consoles at $5,000 upwards. Sounds like Chopsticks is involved..............
No surprises there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not guilty!!!
But this is my only account and I've had it active for years, pre HD maps and stuff, early days before they did physics. I started playing Light German tanks when they only went up to Tier V and got matched to T10's. Still working on filling out the German Tech Tree.
View attachment 369206

Actually just found this:
View attachment 369207
That's October 2011.
Oh damn you old.
Mine ain’t half as impressive, tier 5-7 russian mediums, premium t8 russian light (always bottom tier. I’m just there so people in T10’s get their funsies one shotting lights).

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Oh man, I've been loving how the JgdPantherII feels when you pull the trigger on it. I usually load HE at the start of a round just in case I get a shot out on an overly cocky light tank. The earlier German TD's are a bit harder to love since they lost the old mechanic of not losing camo-rating when firing. The plight of non-turretted tanks that have no armour...if you can't remain concealed, you're dead.

Also, Type 59 is the MONEY MAKER!!!
I think it's my most played tank, and not very well, but it's just so good for milking credits out of a round.

• Haha
Reactions: Zaf

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Got my Playstation 5, haven't set it up yet but now know there were ten consoles sold in Coffs Harbour between all the stores that did pre orders. A guy in the store said they were on Ebay for $1,000 straight away. By the time I checked, people are getting bids for consoles at $5,000 upwards. Sounds like Chopsticks is involved..............
How's the PS5 @Dozer?
I tried to order one from JB the other day when they released more on-line but their systems kept crashing :(

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I hope they keep releasing games that are compatible between PS4 and PS5. Hate having to buy another console just because one of the games I wanted to play is only available on one...

Speaking of which, BigW has special on red dead redemption 2 for $39. The cheapest I've seen thus far.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at an external drive for the xbox. Anyone ever bought the 2tb and found it not enough? Says it fits plenty of games but they are bloating pretty fast

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Cyberpunk reviews are good, but all mention how buggy it is. Apparently day 0 patches for PC, but still won't be perfect.
In any case, looks like its going to be a great game (which you'd really hope so at this point!), but I'm happy to wait until its patched and running well (and I'll probably want a new graphics card to enjoy it above 1080p too)

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(and I'll probably want a new graphics card to enjoy it above 1080p too)
seeing the prices on the new 3080, it seems a fantastic update on what we were paying for the last generation of cards. not that i need one for a few years now (2070S) but it does trigger upgraditis

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
seeing the prices on the new 3080, it seems a fantastic update on what we were paying for the last generation of cards. not that i need one for a few years now (2070S) but it does trigger upgraditis
I'm coming from a set of gtx980s in SLI so went all in and got a 3080 with a Ryzen 7 5800 and a 43" 4k monitor. I'm anticipating some grand mal seizures when I fire up Cyberpunk.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
theres not really much of a case for future proofing in pc kit as it keeps improving but thats a very nice setup. i cant say i've even looked a cyberpunk but i still know all the details of its delays such ash been the anticipation around it

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Cyberpunk reviews are good, but all mention how buggy it is. Apparently day 0 patches for PC, but still won't be perfect.
In any case, looks like its going to be a great game (which you'd really hope so at this point!), but I'm happy to wait until its patched and running well (and I'll probably want a new graphics card to enjoy it above 1080p too)
We are still playing through AC Valhalla. So good for another month till things smooth out Cyberpunk....

Minlak

custom titis
I bought AC Odessey in some Black Friday sale mayhem - it’s a good game with tonnes to do so playable hours are massive - however if you don’t vibe with the storyline then it’s really just go here kill this go here kill that - there are ramifications to the story line for some of your choices though so that’s interesting too

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Playing Overwatch on PC pretty consistently for about 3 yrs - have a bunch of accounts ranging from 2.9 to 4.1 SR. Let me know if you want to play

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I bought AC Odessey in some Black Friday sale mayhem - it’s a good game with tonnes to do so playable hours are massive - however if you don’t vibe with the storyline then it’s really just go here kill this go here kill that - there are ramifications to the story line for some of your choices though so that’s interesting too
I'm playing through the AC Odyssey now, and can say it's the best AC - haven't played Valhalla yet, so I'm discounting Valhalla for now. Not so into the main storyline, but the side quest are god damn fun, much more fun than AC origin or other previous AC. So well done Ubisoft.

We are still playing through AC Valhalla. So good for another month till things smooth out Cyberpunk....
Shame on the Cyberpunk. It was massively anticipated! But these things can be fixed and I truly hope they do.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There is an all too frequent surprise. Shipping incompleted Q&A'ed product again and continual patching cycles will fix it, eventually.
It is the way to world now unfortunately. Try to avoid v1.0 of anything.

If it lives up to the hype then it will be a great game.