The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Hey, does my memory serve me right, did I buy a set of black pro-taper bars off you like almost 20 years ago? I lost my trading history and now can't recall who I bought stuff from...
Hahaha, im not sure! You thinking of selling back to me?

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Indeed. Did they end up with a formal end to the Ruso-Japan war? This could be the real issue behind a lot of modern symptoms.
seems not..

MOSCOW: Senior Russian security official Dmitry Medvedev told Japan on Tuesday it would have to drop territorial claims to a group of Pacific islands if it wanted to conclude a peace treaty with Russia formally ending World War II.
"We don't give a damn about the 'feelings of the Japanese' concerning the so-called 'Northern Territories.' These are not disputed territories but Russia," said Medvedev. "And those samurai who feel especially sad can end their life in a traditional Japanese way, by committing seppuku (Japanese ritualistic suicide by disembowelment). If they dare, of course."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
seems not..

MOSCOW: Senior Russian security official Dmitry Medvedev told Japan on Tuesday it would have to drop territorial claims to a group of Pacific islands if it wanted to conclude a peace treaty with Russia formally ending World War II.
"We don't give a damn about the 'feelings of the Japanese' concerning the so-called 'Northern Territories.' These are not disputed territories but Russia," said Medvedev. "And those samurai who feel especially sad can end their life in a traditional Japanese way, by committing seppuku (Japanese ritualistic suicide by disembowelment). If they dare, of course."
I was thinking the earlier one...190something where the Japanese crushed imperial Russia. Something in the back of my mind thinks the tsar was deposed before finalising the incident.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
It's just sensationalism - any insurrection would be put down very quickly.
yeah hope so any form of small scale conflict in the us would not be good for the world.

What you think the cold snap was geographically located and existed purely within Texas's borders? Nowhere else was affected?

Here's a clue - it wasn't and they were, yet somehow the lights stayed on everywhere else.
Texas doesn't generally get weather that cold hence the issues there. their coldest is generally around 7c.

Rmember when we get heatwaves our trains breakdown and the stations tend to struggle with all the aircons going full blast.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
By-election in my electorate in a few weeks due to the death of the sitting member. Historically it's been a swinging seat, but usually over the space of a few terms. The last two or three terms (including the current one) have been ALP held, and I suspect they'll retain it. The Lib candidate may suffer a bit of voter backlash, because he resigned from Council while serving as Mayor in order to stand for the federal spot.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
"Peter Dutton said the government had betrayed the public's trust and labelled the changes "bad policy", but the Coalition would support them anyway."

So they don't support it, but have actually supported it and *will vote for it :p (stage 3 tax cut changes).

If betraying publics trust, breaking election promises and bad policy were so bad... Wouldn't they vote against ?

tbh, bipartisan support for things that are generally good for the community (i.e. us), is something to be welcomed from our gumbyment... (even if Potatohead is kicking and screaming and faking displeasure ; )

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Just watched the second episode of the abc documentary on the LNP years. Hard to watch…
Who is lying about who? What a shit show they were.

If betraying publics trust, breaking election promises and bad policy were so bad... Wouldn't they vote against ?
They must not classify it as a "core promise" anymore therefore OK to break.

It was the correct thing to do for Labor and a wedge for the Libs, if they voted it down they would be seen as not wanting to help the less well off when that's what's really needed for the bigger picture with high cost of living and inflation.