The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Hmmm, well I don't think Stalin and Mao would have fit in to the extreme right category anyway. However they did have exceptional taste in 1950s dictator chic, so I can understand the purchase.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hmmm, well I don't think Stalin and Mao would have fit in to the extreme right category anyway. However they did have exceptional taste in 1950s dictator chic, so I can understand the purchase.
True it was about their brilliant marrying of fascism and fashion. I'm still fairly partial to my Mao suit for formal occasions. Nothing says "wedding fucking suck balls" like a blue or khaki Mao get up on the df.

I would put forward the notion that extremism (left or right) is more circular that continueum. Eventually they both end up at the same point of centralised control etc.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Well this ruins my Saturday night, thanks...I just placed an online order with my Hong Kong suit tailor for 7 new outfits:
- Franco
- Pinochet
- Stalin
- Mao
- Bush
- the Queen
- Mugabe
No Reagan or Thatcher? I assumed your Bush suit look like this.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I own one of those, still in the box too.

It's one of those things I saw and thought - yes. I'm going to buy that and store it away and give it to the grand kids to sell.

It's got to be one of the most detailed and accurate depictions of real life on an action figure ever made.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
It's got to be one of the most detailed and accurate depictions of real life on an irony ever made.
They should make one with all the nuggets of wisdom he used to dispense. Ah......it was a dream for topical comedian when he was around! :)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I love the fact they used his "Mission Accomplished" moment to immortalise in an action figure. I think that was one of the main reasons that compelled me to buy it. Cost about AUD$70, not like you're usual GI Joe or Star Wars figurine!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No Reagan or Thatcher? I assumed your Bush suit look like this.

I own one of those, still in the box too.

It's one of those things I saw and thought - yes. I'm going to buy that and store it away and give it to the grand kids to sell.

It's got to be one of the most detailed and accurate depictions of real life on an action figure ever made.
Especially that left hand action grip!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
LTIH: Left leaning people who deny that propaganda plays a role on their own side of politics. As pointless as facebook arguments are, this post from The Greens pissed me off. I usually give The Greens high preference and I understand the point they are making here. As far as I know Abbott didn't attend any International Women's Day events, which, as Minister for Women is pretty unacceptable, but I just have to laugh at the kooks who think 'articles' like this aren't biased at all.

paulb

Likes Dirt
They are politicians after all. Everyone is biased, they're just also correct ;)

It's not as if they're scientists who are expected to stay boring and objective while everyone else uses whatever sells their self interest.

scblack

Leucocholic
LTIH: Left leaning people who deny that propaganda plays a role on their own side of politics. As pointless as facebook arguments are, this post from The Greens pissed me off. I usually give The Greens high preference and I understand the point they are making here. As far as I know Abbott didn't attend any International Women's Day events, which, as Minister for Women is pretty unacceptable, but I just have to laugh at the kooks who think 'articles' like this aren't biased at all.

What a laugh the greens are. :lol:

Their entire "statement" boils down to a random photo taken during the day. I'll guarantee I could find a photo somewhere, if I could be arsed showing MANY women around him.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What a laugh the greens are. :lol:

Their entire "statement" boils down to a random photo taken during the day. I'll guarantee I could find a photo somewhere, if I could be arsed showing MANY women around him.
Prove it. I doubt here would be "many" women prepared to stand that close.
- wife (scared not to)
- daughters (scholarships depend on it)
- Julie bishop (only has a short bladed knife)

That is not many women...

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I do honestly believe the greens are a joke. That's an opinion, so can't really prove it as such...
Picture probably tells you that men outnumber women in volunteer fire brigades - hardly a surprise

image.jpg

Of course, they wouldn't use that photo at the greens of the same AGM of a rural fire service

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
[QUOwTE=scblack;2941255]I do honestly believe the greens are a joke. That's an opinion, so can't really prove it as such...[/QUOTE]

Excellent move. But if you could provide a pic of Tony terrifying a group of women, that would be nice

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Greens had so much more credibility ten years back.

I do like that they are present in Aust. politics though. They have some stupid policies, fo sho. However it's good that we have a party with a conscience that scream pretty loudly regarding human rights, environment, same sex rights and other similar issues. Without them there'd be far less light on issues like that.

Simple fundamental rule of politics - never take anything at face value.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
The Greens took a big credibility hit with the departure of Bob Brown. I don't think Milne has been able to show the same leadership and direction for the party since taking over. They are an interesting presence in Aust politics (preferable to micro parties in the senate) but have had some pretty spectacular fuck ups e.g. forcing Gillard to renege on a no carbon tax promise or more recently, not supporting the indexation of the fuel excise (despite where the money was to be spent). I think they'd get more support if they went back to their roots a bit more, less Bandt and SHY identity politics, more concern about the environment (which includes talking about over-population, probably the biggest threat)...

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
The Greens aren't as hokey as many commentators would have you believe. Germany has had the Greens as a significant power in their policies for many many decades without the whole place going down the gurgler. And this is a country where resources, manufacturing and financial governance all have a big role to play. Intriguingly, the investment in renewables resource now makes Germany one of the big international players in the solar energy sector with big returns to the economy and to manufacturing(and no doubt to patent revenues...)

"Greens are financially irresponsible" is a great 4 word slogan to trot out, but it drastically oversimplifies the situation (as all trite 3 and 4 word slogans tend to).

If Hockey et al weren't giving a free pass to major corporations to tax dodge by moving profits off shore then I might contemplate taking any of their arguments about budgets and fiscal responsibility seriously. While they give hand outs to the well to do and want to screw the least well off, I think they are lowlife blood sucking scum who deserve all the ridicule and derision that they are currently receiving.

We are well fucked once the resources run out unless we move our economy from being a quarry/mine/woodchip mill to a country that actually value adds. That requires both manufacturing and R&D.

Obviously just my personal opinion.

scblack

Leucocholic
If Hockey et al weren't giving a free pass to major corporations to tax dodge by moving profits off shore then I might contemplate taking any of their arguments about budgets and fiscal responsibility seriously. While they give hand outs to the well to do and want to screw the least well off, I think they are lowlife blood sucking scum who deserve all the ridicule and derision that they are currently receiving.
Hockey et al have not changed international tax law or rules on Transfer Pricing since the days of the World's Greatest Treasurer: Wayne Swan.

What changes do the Greens have on the table for reform of one of the most complex issues in our taxation system? Seeing as they are apparently not as hokey as we think, they surely have a paper and policy out on this one. Got a link to it?

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...national-profit-shifters-20141216-128ebg.html

Yawn, can't be bothered getting involved in a detailed debate. You know it's true, I know it's true, Hockey and Sinodinos know it's true. There's no argument to be had.

I have never claimed that there is a raft of green policy that it fiscally golden, but people are lightning fast to make the claim that any gov't with greens in it is fiscal suicide and some of the most successful governments on the planet have proven it isn't the case.

If you think that giving Gina and friends a free ticket while screwing the least privileged in our country is the way to a brighter future, then there is nothing I can do or say that will ever convince you otherwise.

Got visitors coming over, won't waste further keystrokes.