The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

danv

Likes Dirt
I loved it when Maxine came on. I flicked across three channels and saw her making her speech. Then I flicked to channel ten and heard Chewbacca go 'ooooooooooowwoooooooohh'
Good old ch 10.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
I'm most sick of every teenage political opinion embodied in a Myspace bulletin (Yeah I use myspace- pack it in). Like was said- will you be any less happy? Evryone's like "yeah LABOR Kevin 07 woot" or "FTW! Go greens".

Oh yeah kiddies, don't forget that AWA means automatically stripped of all rights :rolleyes:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just remember people, don't get that worked up. There ain't much difference between Liberal and Labor. In fact, they're almost identical.

Just like S. said, you probably aren't going to experience much of a change, if any.:(

But, that's democracy for ya.

So settle down rich kids. Mom and Dad will still buy your stuff for ya.
Yes and no. It will be different more so in personality and culture than big picture policy.

.unfortunately most Aussies don't....DFC's
Settle down bro, no need for personal abuse. Play the ball not the men.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
I loved it when Maxine came on. I flicked across three channels and saw her making her speech. Then I flicked to channel ten and heard Chewbacca go 'ooooooooooowwoooooooohh'
Good old ch 10.
Whuh? I just watched the ABC for that... what do you mean Chewbacca on Channel 10? Was Star Wars on or something?

scooter

Likes Bikes
Well as Dozer actually said if it ain't broke don't fix it.
And if it's packed to the brim with pork barrelling, david hicks incarcerating, awb supporting, federal interventioning, union bashing, vote buying, tampaing, lying shitsacks who in any reasonable society would have been shouted down as morons rather than held up as an example to be followed? How about if members of that government who held sway over our lives had criminal convctions for beating a pinned down man with an iron bar?

Last edited:

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Well as Dozer actually said if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Exactly. Labor wants to say in government. You do that by keeping people happy. Happy for an overwhelming majority of Australians means a good economy. I really doubt that Labor is going to do anything that'll risk their jobs seeing how long the Liberal government stayed in power before them. Heck, they were probably taking notes the entire time!

Liberal, Labor... pffft. I'm pretty underwhelmed by both.:( I just dislike one more than the other.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
And if it's packed to the brim with pork barrelling, david hicks incarcerating, awb supporting, federal interventioning, union bashing, vote buying, tampaing, lying shitsacks who in any reasonable society would have been shouted down as morons rather than held up as an example to be followed? How about if members of that government who held sway over our lives had criminal convctions for beating a pinned down man with an iron bar?
Oh trust me I think bits are broken alright. More a comment that I can't see Rudd and Labour making the drastic changes to the economy that some are predicting.

scooter

Likes Bikes
Oh trust me I think bits are broken alright. More a comment that I can't see Rudd and Labour making the drastic changes to the economy that some are predicting.
I understand that, it's not your head into which I need to drive a four inch nail with "the libs ain't perfect honey" written on it. Anyway, smiles and beers all round! :D

Viv92

Eats Squid
Anyone got predictions for Beenelong? I reckon Howard's gone, that'll be a happy day for me. All in all I'm pretty happy, but I'd still rather if the greens won (but like that's gonna happen). IMO we're all screwed in a few years anyway unless some radical environmental policies change, but Labor are slightly more likely to do that than most.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
All in all I'm pretty happy, but I'd still rather if the greens won (but like that's gonna happen). IMO we're all screwed in a few years anyway unless some radical environmental policies change, but Labor are slightly more likely to do that than most.
My sentiments exactly.
I guess too many people are developing a conscience. Drawing away from the Liberal vote.

HardNRG

Likes Bikes
australias economic status will not be the same, unemployment is at a record low, our exchange rate was always increasing, interest rates where constantly decreasing. and with Rudd in charge now, everything will now go downhill.
i feel sorry for john howard, poor old bloke, i doubt it that kevin rudd will walk around the morning now, with the aussie tracksuit.
Matt

Ryan

Radministrator
No one will call Bennelong formally until all of the postal votes are in and counted unless the swing looks significantly bigger than 6%. Too much egg on the face if you get that one wrong.

HOWARD JUST CONCEDED THE ELECTION!

FUCK YES!

Viv92

Eats Squid
australias economic status will not be the same, unemployment is at a record low, our exchange rate was always increasing, interest rates where constantly decreasing. and with Rudd in charge now, everything will now go downhill.
i feel sorry for john howard, poor old bloke, i doubt it that kevin rudd will walk around the morning now, with the aussie tracksuit.
Matt
Do you know how Howard actually achieved such low unemployment yet also low interest rates (for the most part)?

Workchoices. Sure, a lot of people have work, but the conditions in which they work are decreasing. Now employers have much more bargaining power and can pay workers much less. This obviously decreases the amount these people are going to spend and thus inflation. Also the housing crisis has also helped those figures along greatly in Howard's favour with people having far less disposable income than usual, even without the recent interest rate rises.

Also the resources boom is going to continue on regardless of who is in government. Howard takes credit for Australia's booming economy but really the land is just doing us a favor. The rest of the world is in such a position that our resources are sought after and a Rudd government won't change the minds of other countries.

BTW how old are you?

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Ah, let the backstabbing begin.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/24/2100304.htm

australias economic status will not be the same, unemployment is at a record low, our exchange rate was always increasing, which isn't a good thinginterest rates where constantly decreasing.Flat out wrong there mate and with Rudd in charge now, everything will now go downhill.alarmist bullshit
i feel sorry for john howard, poor old bloke, i doubt it that kevin rudd will walk around the morning now, with the aussie tracksuit.oh, is this why everyone is so worried? Ole Kev isn't gonna do the morning walk? SHOCK, HORROR! THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO THE DOGS!
Matt

liamo

Likes Dirt
Do you know how Howard actually achieved such low unemployment yet also low interest rates (for the most part)?

Workchoices.
Sorry mate, work choices only came in last year, well and truly after interest rates were creeping up. You may as well argue that interest rates rose as a result of work choices :p

Apart from public servants very few people have been employed under work choices and it has had virtually no effect on the economy.

If you're going to belittle someone, get it right!
BTW how old are you?
Who cares?