The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Drop_Bear

Likes Bikes
Just out of interest, how many people here vote for a different party than that of their parents? I'd be interested to know how many people changed their minds from how they were educated as children.

Also how many people are swinging voters?
I am one of these. The more I learned and cared about issues that dont directly impact on me the more I saw that Liberal was not the party for me. I dont care about money. My dad only cares about money. It's all about how you measure success. He's 63 now, has a shit load of money and no debt and is a miserable turd who does not know how to spend money... at all. 36th wedding aniversary the other day .... they went to a pub meal at 5:00 to get the seniors discount.

JP

Likes Dirt
Ding dong the witch is indeed dead!!!!! Obviously more Aussies thought that it was broke and it needed fixing.

Didn't Jeanette look like Muriel's mum (from Muriel's Wedding) staring off into the distance with a daft look on her face .... or is it just me?

Excellent outcome for Labor and the Greens.

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
Double Drambui going down range. :cool:

9 chickens, 10 Chickens, 11 Chickens, 12......
Sorry if I'm missing something, but what the heck does that mean johnny?

BTW everybody, Labor as in the ALP is spelled without a 'u'. Just to be a nitpick. :p

liamo

Likes Dirt
how many people are swinging voters?
I am. The thought of voting for a candidate only on the basis of their party is a strange one to me. I'd vote for a liberal candidate if I thought they'd do a better job than anyone else, luckily I haven't had to face that yet.

My mum raised me labor, that's how I voted for years. Then I stopped voting labor; talked to her about my reasons and now she doesn't either. We've both always had clear knowledge of where our preferences are going.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just something I noticed today when handing out how to vote cards for the greens, there's an astounding number of people who have little to no idea how our electoral system works. Constantly people were telling me that they'd vote green in the senate, but couldn't vote for our local candidate because they wanted to get rid of the libs and would therefore vote labor. When told that they could vote for the greens and then have that vote flow on to labor if required, they didn't believe me.
Yep, the preference vote is a farking great creation. It's biggest let down and the failure of it is that the electorates do not understand how it works.

Im young as well (first timing voting today) but find the "if it aint broke don't fix it" attitude a bit strange. From what I've gathered things are starting to break pretty damn quickly and I'd rather try and prevent these things from further happening than just ignore them and focus on money.

Having said that nothing much will change under Labor, if you didnt read or watch any news you wouldn't notice any change for the time being.
This is a farking great post. Excellent insight and well written. Wish It was me that said it.

Drop_Bear

Likes Bikes

BTW everybody, Labor as in the ALP is spelled without a 'u'. Just to be a nitpick. :p
A few days ago I said dont count your chickens til they'v hatched when a few people were calling a labor victory.

They've hatched.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

I'm counting my chickens as Brown's cows spill thier milk.

Rudd Won.
What a load of sh*t!

F*ck you Australia!
From one Digger to another, not much is going to change in your job bro. But as a soldier deployed overseas, your reputation will definately rise. Not as a ferocious fighter with his shit in one sensational sock, but you will be less of a prized target.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
On a side note, I thought John Howard's leaving speech was excellent, especially off the cuff like that. Fairly gracious in defeat. Can you give him that?

Matt H

Eats Squid
Sure can. Almost felt sorry for the bloke, he looked so upset!

Who was the knob in the crowd that wouldn't shutup? It got quite ridiculous.

Hungry

Likes Dirt
From one Digger to another, not much is going to change in your job bro. But as a soldier deployed overseas, your reputation will definately rise. Not as a ferocious fighter with his shit in one sensational sock, but you will be less of a prized target.
yeah true, rudd wants out of iraq, not sure about ghan. im guessing that itll go back to how it was in 2001 being a SF war. Not gonna be alot of happy diggers out there. will end up being train train train and no trips! only trips will be peacekeeping ops like timor, solomons etc

Viv92

Eats Squid
Sure can. Almost felt sorry for the bloke, he looked so upset!

Who was the knob in the crowd that wouldn't shutup? It got quite ridiculous.
I thought it was hilarious, and the chaser are definitely gonna make fun of it in some way or another in the next few days. Will be interesting to see what comes out of them...

Hey Hungry, like Johnny said before, play the ball, not the man. :eek: Calm it down, no need to insult the whole nation.

Hungry

Likes Dirt
I thought it was hilarious, and the chaser are definitely gonna make fun of it in some way or another in the next few days. Will be interesting to see what comes out of them...
well i saw on there one of the boys was dressed up as osama again so could be good:D

nizai

Likes Dirt
Hey Hungry, like Johnny said before, play the ball, not the man. :eek: Calm it down, no need to insult the whole nation.

Turns out hes not insulting Western Australia ;)

Im not sure if we'll ever snap out of the Liberal stupor.

N

Black Ice

Likes Dirt
yeah true, rudd wants out of iraq, not sure about ghan. im guessing that itll go back to how it was in 2001 being a SF war. Not gonna be alot of happy diggers out there. will end up being train train train and no trips! only trips will be peacekeeping ops like timor, solomons etc
Yep,

Exactly my thoughts Adam!

Kevin Rudd wants out of a few battles; However I don’t think he can do it strait away.

Looks like there will be no Iraq next year for me, Just peace keeping.

I guess it will be better for the families of soldiers though...*Until* the terrorism starts effecting Australia. ;)

scooter

Likes Bikes
Turns out hes not insulting Western Australia ;)

Im not sure if we'll ever snap out of the Liberal stupor.

N
That's understandable though. WA is a mining state and if AWA's are abolished then the sky will fall in while jackbooted union thugs organise firebrand strikes because they want a 3 million percent payrise for the workers they pretend to represent.

liamo

Likes Dirt
That's understandable though. WA is a mining state and if AWA's are abolished then the sky will fall in while jackbooted union thugs organise firebrand strikes because they want a 3 million percent payrise for the workers they pretend to represent.
Too right mate, just look what happened in QLD.