The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Their superior intellect means they can understand his abstract posted with the video. It's beyond me. I'm not going to paste it here and create another copy on the internet.
haha i didn't notice that. Some impressive dumb stuff in there. In fact its not even really just dumb, its just complete gibberish.

Last edited:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am quite happy for the liberal party to implode. The sooner their outdated bullshit looses it's place on our political landscape the better.
Agree, I suspect those carrying on about the disappointment of the liberal party and the need for it to learn from the recent election result are closet liberals who secretly love Tony Abbott. The hate just hides the love :p

Haakon

Agree, I suspect those carrying on about the disappointment of the liberal party and the need for it to learn from the recent election result are closet liberals who secretly love Tony Abbott. The hate just hides the love :p
Theyre not so closet, and are rusted on true believers. I've been in social situations with the younger elements of the LNP, out for drinks with Joe Hockey's advisers once. It was an illuminating experience having a bunch of snotty 20 somethings espousing how great Reagan and Thatcher were and how hopeless and wet lefty labour was. And how Obama was only ever in it for the publicity...

I didnt last very long being invited to those drinks obviously, but my short time in that world tells me the LNP is not going to change anytime soon - dont rely on the old guys dying off, the young ones are even nuttier.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Theyre not so closet, and are rusted on true believers. I've been in social situations with the younger elements of the LNP, out for drinks with Joe Hockey's advisers once. It was an illuminating experience having a bunch of snotty 20 somethings espousing how great Reagan and Thatcher were and how hopeless and wet lefty labour was. And how Obama was only ever in it for the publicity...

I didnt last very long being invited to those drinks obviously, but my short time in that world tells me the LNP is not going to change anytime soon - dont rely on the old guys dying off, the young ones are even nuttier.
The current federal Coalition is largely run by the merged LNP out of QLD. The Liberal base in NSW, Vic, WA and SA has largely abandoned the positions put forward by the QLD LNP. The Coalition can't possibly hope to win like this.

The Liberals will probably go through a generational change as they wander through the wilderness for the next decade or so. There's already a push within the NSW, Vic and WA state branches and executives to get the QLD LNP to demerge or withdraw the license for the LNP to use the Liberal brand.

This should only be a start, the Liberal party needs to jettison the National party as dead weight and move back towards the centre.

Given the dominance of the Liberal and Labor it's important that the Liberal party get their act together and act as a credible opposition to keep Labor honest.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

The current federal Coalition is largely run by the merged LNP out of QLD. The Liberal base in NSW, Vic, WA and SA has largely abandoned the positions put forward by the QLD LNP. The Coalition can't possibly hope to win like this.

The Liberals will probably go through a generational change as they wander through the wilderness for the next decade or so. There's already a push within the NSW, Vic and WA state branches and executives to get the QLD LNP to demerge or withdraw the license for the LNP to use the Liberal brand.

This should only be a start, the Liberal party needs to jettison the National party as dead weight and move back towards the centre.

Given the dominance of the Liberal and Labor it's important that the Liberal party get their act together and act as a credible opposition to keep Labor honest.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
As demonstrated by the safeguards caper, the real opposition party would appear to be the Greens now...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
As demonstrated by the safeguards caper, the real opposition party would appear to be the Greens now...
Between the Greens, Labour, and a large crossbench of teals, their should be enough variance to pester each other into some sort of national future.

Those three do know how important agriculture is, so both the libs and nats can be relegated to the effluent pond of history.