Ten things you want to do before you die:

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
1.go to British Columbia for an extended summer of riding
2.write a paper for publication in a major legal journal and then a book on access rights for MTB (starting in earnest)
3. get my solicitor's practicing certificate and work in a quiet law firm on the South Coast (Narooma) and ride everyday
4. teach my daughter to ride (work in progress)
5. buy one of each top-of-the-range bike - DH, FR, XC, road, cyclocross in the Cannondale catalogue
6. have enough $$ to buy a new top end groupset - XTR, Dura-ace, XO each year and the $$ to get regular replacements (chains, cassettes, chainrings)
7. buy a house at Tathra on the beach (see 3)
8. learn to be a more thorough home mechanic - ie no chainring bolts falling off mid-ride.
9. Learn the Arabic word for "bomb" and use that and "Al Queda", "Osama Bin Laden" and "Jamal Ismaler" (sp?) in every phone conversation and see how long before I get an ASIO raid.
10. Never having to contemplate being sodomised in a gaol cell...

Last edited:

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
PINT of Stella said:
Mmm, an interesting way of stopping, I'm sure...

(Buy the way, are you buying? mines a pint!)

Hey! i said heavy drinking, no drinking in gereral. Geez, what do you think i am, a jockey???

Let me guess, a Pint of Stella? :D :D

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
1. be happy
2. become a taekwondo master
3. create a non-profit taekwondo club with proceeds going to help north koreans when they get free
4. move to within 10mins of surf
5. get a job that utilises my talents and is also interesting
6. speak korean fluently
7. sleep with beyonce knowles
8. ahhh, that's it really.... just live honestly

nitwit

Likes Dirt
In no particular order

1: Accept that happiness is a state of mind and way of thinking
2: Complete my HSC, and get top marks.
3: Go 6 months without a riding injury
4: Write a book on "Western Syndrome" and Child Abuse
5: get my label up and running
6: Do a Uni degree in my chosen field.
7: Build and design my own house
8: Have a sweet property with plenty of riding trails and jumps for my mates to come chill at.
9: Let go of my bad childhood memories
10: Perfect my positive thinking techniques

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
These, I have the utmost of faith that you will achieve, especially those in bold:

nitwit said:
1: Accept that happiness is a state of mind and way of thinking
2: Complete my HSC, and get top marks.
4: Write a book on "Western Syndrome" and Child Abuse
5: get my label up and running
6: Do a Uni degree in my chosen field.
7: Build and design my own house
8: Have a sweet property with plenty of riding trails and jumps for my mates to come chill at.
9: Let go of my bad childhood memories
10: Perfect my positive thinking techniques
But this......
3: Go 6 months without a riding injury
You're kidding, right?

:D

John U

MTB Precision
parallax said:
3. Exlpore the Paris catacombs..
did it. very cool. human bones stacked very neatly to ceiling. the workers did things like make patterns with the bones they were stacking like a love heart made out of skulls surrounded by thigh bones and the obligatory skull and cross bones. well worth a look if your in paris.

Jordy

RYD4LF
RCOH said:
That was me who wrote that!

(& yes I'm jealous :p ) but I have drunk saki in Japan, & VB in Victoria!

when i was 11 i went to the guiness factory in ireland and had the full tour which included a free pint of guiness at the end.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
John U said:
did it. very cool. human bones stacked very neatly to ceiling. the workers did things like make patterns with the bones they were stacking like a love heart made out of skulls surrounded by thigh bones and the obligatory skull and cross bones. well worth a look if your in paris.
Next time I am there, I will definately be doing that!

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Jordy said:
when i was 11 i went to the guiness factory in ireland and had the full tour which included a free pint of guiness at the end.
And then began Jordy's abuse of alchole.

parallax

Likes Dirt
John U said:
Hehehe. I mean really exploring the catacombs with the Zone Tour crew, before bouncing up to Brittain to knock torches with the Sub-Urban boys after which it'll be straight over to NYC to hook up with the LTV Sqaud but not before a stop over with the lads from UEA as the basis of my Northern Hemisphere urbex trip.

11. Own a full size snooker table.
11.b. Which will be kept on my acreage property overlooking the Megalong Valley in the Blue Mountains.

Kookman

Squid
1. Learn how to fly a helicopter
2. endo the whole way down this massive hill near my house
3. Go on a year long road trip in a kitted out bus
4. have enough money to buy and do up the bus
5. surf Teahupoo
6. turn the rugby posts at each end of the field into slingshots then create two teams and the rest writes itself.
7. play sport on a professional level
8. own a valiant.
9. Go over seas commit a major crime then get out the country as fast as i can
10. smoke a fat cigar in cuba

tonka_202

Likes Dirt
1. Have a world known bike movie out.
2. Make lots of bike movies.
3. Have a sweet ars*e chick for a gf
4. Have many bikes.
5. Own my own farm with lots of bike jumps on it.
6. Travel australia with my mates bodyboarding.
7. Be very rich.
8. Have a big company that makes bike movies.
9. Be healthy.
10. Be happy

Binaural

Eats Squid
johnny said:
Next time I am there, I will definately be doing that!
But whatever you do, don't mix it up with the Paris sewers. Cave Dweller A.K.A Mr. Forgetful spent a very stinky day discovering the difference :D

Binaural

Eats Squid
Jordy said:
Went there for an afternoon in Dublin when I was over in Ireland a few months ago. The Guiness factory is HUGE, and full to the brim with interesting stuff (particularly if you have technical interests and/or like old-school advertising - "Guiness is good for you"). It's all been semi-restored, and you can really feel the history of the place as you walk around.

The other thing you don't realize until you go there is that Dublin is flat like your yr10 formal date, and the view from the top of the factory is awesome! Best enjoyed with a pint in hand ;) which will naturally be the best Guiness you have ever tasted.

Ronin

Cannon Fodder
Some things....

Skydive solo from high enough that I need a special suit and oxygen. :cool:

Trek, way off the beaten track, for at least a year, exploring some far off corner of the world, by my self.

Visit Iceland.

Own an outback property with a big hill on it. :D

Learn to play a musical instrument.

Record the best DJ mix, ever, from my always-growing music collection.

Find a nice girl I can talk to for a long time.

Nail that elusive 360 flip on my skateboard.

Go to Canada with my bike and a snowboard and kick-ass on Whistler for a year or so.

Throw a massive outdoor party, in some pristine natural location, for the whole summer, and eat hippy food.

Wow.... so many things I'd like to do... life's amazing. :)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Wattsy said:
Hey! i said heavy drinking, no drinking in gereral. Geez, what do you think i am, a jockey???

Well, it's just last I checked there were 10,476 members of the farkin family.

Even if we all just stick to pots, as soon as someone suggests a round or (for the love of god, please no!) a kitty we're all fucked!

Still, a nice pint of Nelson (Nelson Mandela-Stella for those not in the know) would hit the spot.

thanks for asking! :D